Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Looking for a skilled coder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I'm looking for a skilled coder who's willing to answer me a question every now and then.
I guess I could create a new thread each time I face an issue, but I'd rather keep this place clean.
If anyone's up for it, just drop me a PM.
i'd say drop you're questions in here,
that way a lot more people may benefit from the answers you get.

and don't be afraid to open a thread or two,
that's what all do, so why shouldn't you. :-)
I agree. Open em up. That way, we can all find out the answer.

Speaking of which, Ronie, you cant help me figure out that cdart issue from yesterday?
to avoid thread jacking, i'll get back at you over there ;-)
Alright, I have a wraplist with multiple unfocused movie posters and one focused poster.
Now I wanted to put a glow texture behind/around the selected poster, which was very easy to do.
But I wasn't quite happy with it's size (due to zooming), so I played around with the settings.

When I moved the glow texture up a fair bit I noticed that it got cut off.
Out of curiosity I started messing with the movie poster's "posy" value and could reproduce the same behavior.
The images get cut off where the unfocused posters end.

I thought it might have something to do with either the focusedlayout or itemlayout tags or the wraplist's height tag.
But they're all set to 1080 pixels, so there's no obvious reason for the cropping.

I'd appreciate if someone could tell my why this is happening.
It's getting cut off due to the size of the actual control group -

PHP Code:
<control type="wraplist" id="50">
    <
posx>126</posx>
    <
posy>174</posy>
    <
width>1000</width>
    <
height>924</height
I had the same thought, but I doubt this is the reason.
Here's my code:

PHP Code:
<control type="wraplist" id="51">
    <
visible>Container.Content(Movies)</visible>
    <
posx>-215</posx>
    <
posy>496</posy>
    <
width>2220</width>
    <
height>1080</height

Could it have something to do with the id?
I'm really new too skinning XBMC and still need to figure out what these numbers stand for, so I wouldn't know.
It is probably the height of the focused item layout. It is probably set lower than the height of the glow.
ronie Wrote:and don't be afraid to open a thread or two,
that's what all do, so why shouldn't you. :-)
nice rhymes Ronie Laugh

i think ekim232 is right i had the same problem couple weeks ago this was the problem in my case.
ekim232 Wrote:It is probably the height of the focused item layout. It is probably set lower than the height of the glow.

Nope. Sad
PHP Code:
<focusedlayout height="1080" width="262"
Are you zooming it more than there dimensions?

Pastebin the code.
The zoom started 100 and ends at 120. The size of his glow png is probably too large as well.

I am pretty sure he is using the view I coded.
Yes, I am using the view you coded ekim, but I changed the zoom, so I didn't have to recalculate the target size.
I don't know if this is of any help, but my glow image (PosterShadow2.png) is 740x758 pixels big.

Here's the complete code:
http://pastebin.com/qKuiRU6q
You set the y of the wraplist to 496 and then the y of the image to -200, so it's real y coordinate is at 296 which is outside the wraplist... that should be your problem.
Yay! Fixed it.
Thanks for the help everybody. Smile
Pages: 1 2