Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Fanart for Tv. Does XBMC Scrape TV for fanart?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,
I've searched the forums and can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem so I am hoping someone here can help.
I can't get XBMC (10.1) for Windows to scrape for tv fanart.
Movie fanart gets scraped perfectly well showing fanart, just not tv fanart.
A little about my setup.
Windows 7 32 bit.
hdmi video (1080p)
xbmc 10.1
Aeon MQ 2.8.1 (with addon pack)
XBMC pc has no files, all accessed from second pc using samba shares.
Television is in folders, ie. Television > TV Show Name>Season 1>TV Show Name -S01E01- Episode Title.avi
I have an nfo file in the root of each shows folder and an nfo file for each episode.

I have enabled fanart (i do get fanart for movies, just not tv).
The videos in each library play just fine.

I have removed xbmc and started from scratch and found that the movies get scraped and fanart and other images are downloaded just fine.
I can enable debug and send the log if someone can describe what actions i need to take to have them included in the log.

This has been driving me crazy for a week. I am a capable logical person who is in need of some advice.

Thank you for reading this far. Smile
Have you set the correct scraper for the tv source?

I can't remember off the top of my head, and it will depend on the skin where you go, but I think, if you go to videos / and bring the menu up for your tv source, you can set the scraper.
I remember something about restricted fanart by language in 9.11. Don't know if that make it through 10.1, but if it does you may want to search there.

Also, what happen when you type 'i', then fanart ?

Also a lot of skin has the ability to hide fanart. You should check that too. Use the arrows when viewing your tv shows.
Thanks for your suggestions guys...
I have checked all the settings I can find for language and it's all set to english. Don't know if language settings would affect just tv as the movie fanart works just fine...
I have thetvdb as the scraper for tv...
I have installed xmbc and left everything as default, i add my television dir as a source and set it to tv. thetvdb shows as the scraper and i run the automated scan. It finds the tv files.. all organized as i stated before...
But no fan art for tv shows.
I have .nfo file for the show and for the individual episodes as well.
i'm currently away from home but i'll test using "i" in the tv library when i get back.
What's a girl gotta do to get some pretty xbmc action? Smile

Thanks all... Smile
I figured it out. I was using tvrename to rename the files and I had selected the options to create .nfo files for each show...
And that is what caused the problem. It may be obvious to others but it wansn't to me..
It seems like once you provide a .nfo file for the file or the show then xbmc wants you to provide it with the pictures as well... I deleted the .nfo files and re-scraped with the default settings and now I have pretty backgrounds.
Thank you Maxoo and Kode for your help.