Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-05-08, 17:25)slices Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-07, 19:28)aerick79 Wrote: [ -> ]No love for the History Channel?
Had another stab at this last night, the main problem is that the encryption has changed. Solved that this morning thanks to google, getting SMIL back now, still not playing but most likley fixable at this point. Will take another look when I have time.

Thanks for the hard work and effort.
(2013-05-09, 09:14)slices Wrote: [ -> ]I've filtered the premium videoes for now.

http://pastebin.com/XwEwAAYy history.py

Seems to be geo-blocked, tried with Proxy and VPN but no luck so far.

http://pastebin.com/01HCUX1S
(2013-05-08, 17:34)moneymaker Wrote: [ -> ]I will create a github/repo in the next few days and I will invite all supporters to join the github. I hope it's a good solution for us and no one complains about it.

Sounds great. Can't wait to see it working in action.

Always leave it up to Moneymaker to create awesome stuff Smile

I didn't mind too bad the current "system" yet it gets fun with me having 2 Windows dedicated XBMCs, a Ras Pi, an iPhone, an iPod, and a Desktop Testing XBMC. lol
(2013-05-10, 17:24)Eye in the sky Wrote: [ -> ]Seems to be geo-blocked, tried with Proxy and VPN but no luck so far.

http://pastebin.com/01HCUX1S
it
Works for me from the UK. I use tunlr.net, doesn't work without it so UK blocked as well.

Doesn't work with hotspot shield. That's the only other vpn I use.

Does the website work for you?

Tunlr say they support the history channel, so try that.

Also it looks like it might not be using the proxy settings, I'll see what I can do. I don't normally use a proxy for this so not easy to test.
Hello All,

Newbie here. How do I install (and make it work) "Free Cable"?
I got it from the repository, but do not see it as an add-on or see it anywhere.

(I did try and read this entire thread, but I may have missed it)

Thanks!
(2013-05-11, 00:35)mastermind26 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello All,

Newbie here. How do I install (and make it work) "Free Cable"?
I got it from the repository, but do not see it as an add-on or see it anywhere.

(I did try and read this entire thread, but I may have missed it)

Thanks!

Try a Force Refresh on the repo under Settings - Addons.
(2013-05-10, 23:10)slices Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't work with hotspot shield. That's the only other vpn I use.

Also it looks like it might not be using the proxy settings, I'll see what I can do. I don't normally use a proxy for this so not easy to test.

Must be the reason it's not working.

I only tried the proxy settings and Hotspot Shield and I'm using the extension Media Hint in Firefox.
http://pastebin.com/Caf6ZPLx proxy fixed in the history code, no idea why it doesn't work with Hotspot Shield.
Great, working now.

Big thanks.
Hi all..

First of all thanks for all of your effort on fixing the broken plugins, CBS worked fine for me!! Wink

I'm still having issues with Crackle, Adult Swim and Cartoon Network - same problem on all of these platforms: The stream drops after about one minute of playback, no problems with fast forward, i can jump to whatever position in an entire movie, but after a total of one minute playback it just exits to the movie list without any error showing up. Anyone else having the experienced the same / anyone having any solutions? In Crackle, the digits behind the movie titles (duration) are showing 1:00; in Cartoon Network it shows the entire length of the episodes.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas from Germany..

EDIT// I have tried all of the bitrate options in the addon settings dialog - no effect on my problem with the stram dropping,..
(2013-05-10, 03:06)ctarwater Wrote: [ -> ]I've got the plugin running fine on my laptop running ArchLinux and the newest Gotham build.

Now I'm trying to get this plugin (specifically Comedy Central/Daily Show) working on my OUYA. I'm running the libstagefright HW acceleration build of XBMC along with Aeon Nox. When I try to run this plugin I get the following message: "Unable to connect to server".

Here's my log if anyone wants more info: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=17435

Any suggestions on what the issue could be?

**Edit**
Nevermind, I played around some more and realized that it's something with the Gotham builds. The plugin works fine with Frodo and the nightlies but I need the HW acceleration from the experimental Gotham build.

May because of some deprecated libraries. Tried to reproduce this on my tablet, but it,s too old.
(2013-05-12, 11:46)looksharp Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all..

First of all thanks for all of your effort on fixing the broken plugins, CBS worked fine for me!! Wink

I'm still having issues with Crackle, Adult Swim and Cartoon Network - same problem on all of these platforms: The stream drops after about one minute of playback, no problems with fast forward, i can jump to whatever position in an entire movie, but after a total of one minute playback it just exits to the movie list without any error showing up. Anyone else having the experienced the same / anyone having any solutions? In Crackle, the digits behind the movie titles (duration) are showing 1:00; in Cartoon Network it shows the entire length of the episodes.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas from Germany..

EDIT// I have tried all of the bitrate options in the addon settings dialog - no effect on my problem with the stram dropping,..

I am expericing this same issue on 12.2 with updated librtmp on Win 7. So far I tried an ep of Seinfield on Crackle.

I will take a look at the log to see if I can get any hint.

EDIT: Can confirm Adult Swim & Cartoon Network same exact thing.

Only thing I can see in the log is the usual "Asked Server for another packet but recived nothing" message, which I always was told was the servers fault in some manner.
Thanks for all you hard work on these guys. This is a great add-on and I hope the support continues for it.

I'm running Win 7 x64 with 12.2, History Channel doesn't seem to work on my setup. The updates posted in here have been working for the most part.
(2013-05-12, 18:44)skull86 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all you hard work on these guys. This is a great add-on and I hope the support continues for it.

I'm running Win 7 x64 with 12.2, History Channel doesn't seem to work on my setup. The updates posted in here have been working for the most part.

slices posted a fix for it.

(2013-05-11, 15:09)slices Wrote: [ -> ]http://pastebin.com/Caf6ZPLx proxy fixed in the history code, no idea why it doesn't work with Hotspot Shield.

FREE CABLE - latest fixes

Update: I've decided to freeze the github project and started a brand new idea. A repo database Smile

I just need to clean up a bit ... and think about the access rights.
Can anyone point me in the right direction of what I need to do with these .py fixes that are being posted? This is a long thread, and I started digging, but thought I'd ask too. I'm a somewhat newbie, but slowly most of my channels have stopped working, (CBS, ABC, NBC)