Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any word on when and if FOX channels will be added again?
Any chance that the shows, All My Children and General Hospital (both on ABC), could be adapted to work with this? I believe they won't show any episodes due to the fact that their episode numbering is strange (daily shows)... or maybe because TheTVDB.com doesn't update the show so it can't scrape?

I thought that maybe their could be an exception setup for shows matching these names and set it up to not scrape and to show all episodes from the episodes page at ABC...
fox isn't returning near term unless they change their streaming back.

I will look into the abc problem.

I commited an update that adds lifetime.
could you do bravotv when you get a chance. My wife would jump around on the bed if she had this!
Great work! Any luck adding the star trek channel?
This addon rocks!
bravo is coming soon hopefully. i wanted to get lifetime up for the project runway fans.

yea it actually is pretty simple for the star trek site. it is paramount owned so uses pretty much the same system as cbs. in fact all the episodes used to be available from cbs. they had all of star trek enterprise in 1080p for a long time. I just have a little a finish for it.

I will work try to worl on them today.

edit: I think I am going to integrate star trek into cbs classic shows. It just seems weird having a star trek channel to me. it doesn't seem to fit because the others a real television networks.
Just wondering if the "enable proxy" setting actually does anything in this plugin? I know that in the old CBS plugin, when I enabled the proxy it worked from Canada.

There are a number of stations that do work (ABC, A&E, FX, History, NBC, Spike, Syfy, USA). But those ones work with the proxy setting enabled or disabled.

If there is no code behind the enable proxy button, I totally understand. If it "should be working" and a pastebin of my log would be helpful, I'd be more than happy to provide it.

Either way, great work on this. Really amazing.
teefer22: it is enabled for cbs. I don't know which requests need a proxy for the other stations. It is probably only needed in the play functions. most of the scraping works without proxy. I would need more input from people on what works and what doesn't and where they are located. logs of what happens when the playback fails for a station would be help as well. sometimes it will not be possible to proxy because the rtmp server itself has geo protection.

it isn't hard to patch to add proxy support for any request if i knew which ones needed it.

it is changing this
Code:
data=common.getURL(url)
to this
Code:
if (common.settings['enableproxy'] == 'true'):
        proxy = True
    else:
        proxy = False
    data=common.getURL(url,proxy=proxy)
Thanks for the quick reply bluecop.

CBS isn't working with the proxy enabled. It hasn't for a while (it never worked in the FreeCable plugin, it used to work in the CBS plugin but no longer works there anymore either). I just figured CBS made a change to their site and they killed the proxy loophole.

Here is a pastebin in case it's any help as to why the proxy isn't' working for CBS..

http://pastebin.com/GwQswmsY

If there is anything else that would be helpful to provide or test, just let me know.
teefer22: you need a working proxy server. I am not sure where to find one. the default is giving 403 errors.
BlueCop Wrote:teefer22: you need a working proxy server. I am not sure where to find one. the default is giving 403 errors.

Ah.. so that's the problem. Thanks for figuring that out for me. I'll see if I can find a free one.. If not, I'll think about paying for one.

I'm not really that familiar with proxy servers, is there a certain feature or something specifically I'm looking for?

Thanks for figuring that out for me.
Thanks BlueCop for all your work on this! Glad i don't pay for cable anymore and still get most of the shows i like with this!
I committed bravo and star trek.

star trek is a part of cbs. it is listed under classics. The full episodes are actually part of the CBS video service.
BlueCop Wrote:I committed bravo and star trek.

star trek is a part of cbs. it is listed under classics. The full episodes are actually part of the CBS video service.

Big Grin

Thanks
just put up oxygen as well.