Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any idea why abc family wouldn't work for me? is it working for anyone else? my daughter's jonesing to watch some pretty little liars. no error message, just "working" then nothing. the vids work on the abc family website, and i have the latest librtmp installed. can post log if necessary. i'm on an apple tv2 running eden. thanks for any insight anyone can supply.
(2012-06-20, 14:23)kpeters59 Wrote: [ -> ]Fine. Let's call it a Free-Cable Premium channel then. Yeah. That's the ticket.

Do you currently pay for either of those services? Otherwise there's about zero chance of it being accessible with this plugin. It doesn't "hack into" streaming video sites; it just parses streams that are already freely available and tries to behave like a desktop browser accessing them (albeit a browser with adblock).

There is a valid account currently for icenetwork. If there was a possibility that universalsports could be made to work, we'd activate an account on that site as well. Details could be provided if necessary.

Cbssports is, of course, a free 'channel'.

Thanks,

-KP
(2012-05-22, 01:47)snpyjc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-21, 16:24)j0r3L Wrote: [ -> ]Karm,
It worked perfect for Hulu... but now cable TV does not work. Even with ABC (which used to work fine) it shows a plugin error just by selecting the show I want to see. With CBS (which can't be watched on Hulu plugin) the video fails to load, it shows the same plugin error.
Is anyone having the same problem?

I just checked this out and it works fine for me, I randomly picked a few shows from ABC and CBS and everything played fine.

Nothing is working Treehouse, CTV, BRAVO, Global News. Treehouse is giving plugin script error other channels just do not play.

(2012-06-26, 09:06)smartguy123 Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing is working Treehouse, CTV, BRAVO, Global News. Treehouse is giving plugin script error other channels just do not play.
With the exception of Bravo, none of the other stations you listed are part of the Free Cable add-on. Bravo currently only has two clips for Top Chef and I was able to play them both.
yes I wish Bravo would work again. My wife is asking for it every week.
(2012-06-20, 03:59)kpeters59 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-07, 17:16)kpeters59 Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin is great! Best one I know of. Thanks!

Except I can't watch Tiger blow up at The Masters Golf Tournament!

The coverage is goofy this year and everything but the last few pairings is streaming from www.cbssports.com and neither my Boxee nor my Roku can find it.

You are my only hope Obi-Wan Kenobi...

Thanks for the consideration.

-KP

Edit:

I guess while I'm at it, I should ask: If stations do get added/changed, will I need to re-install the latest Plug-In file, or does that automatically refresh/update?

I'd still like to see cbssports.com added as well as Universalsports.com and icenetwork.com if there's any chance of it. Icenetwork is a pay site and I think Universal sports may go that way too.

Any hope?

Thanks,

-KP

I think Universal Sports is now this:

Rebranded NBC Sports Network Holds Key to Comcast’s Olympics

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-06...ympian-bet

'cause ya' see Comcast hasn't been carrying it in Houston and now the Olympics is starting...

Any hope?

Thanks,

-KP

Edit: OK! Outdoor seems to be gone and I did find NBC Sports on Comcast in Houston...in HD no less! WooHoo!

Still holding out hope for IceNetwork.com...And CBSSports.com is still NOT on Comcast in Houston, so I NEED it!
anybody hear from BlueCopHuh? ... I miss this plugin . !!!!!!
(2012-06-29, 14:16)ogboriqua231 Wrote: [ -> ]anybody hear from BlueCopHuh? ... I miss this plugin . !!!!!!
What do you mean? The add-on is still there and mostly works.
I tried alot of them and they were NOT working.......
(2012-07-01, 16:05)ogboriqua231 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried alot of them and they were NOT working.......
Specifics! No one can even begin to try to help you with such a vague statement. List specific network, specific series, specific episodes.
(2012-07-01, 21:39)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-01, 16:05)ogboriqua231 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried alot of them and they were NOT working.......
Specifics! No one can even begin to try to help you with such a vague statement. List specific network, specific series, specific episodes.

And log!
This plugin is in serious need of an update, and I mean that in the absolute nicest way possible. I know that sounds harsh, I don't mean it like that...it really does need an update.

Since BlueCop's accident, and subsequent not being able to update this plugin, it has really went downhill...which is a shame, because it is great! I hate to see this plugin in the state that it's in, because I know BlueCop put a lot of hard work into this plugin.

Of the 26 channels in FreeCable only 13 are working, and of those working some are only partially working.

Below are a list of the NOT working channels, or those partly working.

ABC--some shows not working
ABC Family--not working
Biography--works, but needs update---full bio's section missing
Bravo--needs update
CBS--mostly working, some shows are not...needs update
MTV--not working
Nick Teen--not working
Nick Toon--not working
Nickelodeon--not working
Oxygen--not working, episodes and some shows not listed
Spike--not working
TV Land--not working
VH1--not working

Hopefully someone can make an update to this, or find a way to patch it...or maybe BlueCop will grace us with his presence again! Hope you're feeling ok B/C...
binarybomber: thanks for the outline. I know some of the them just need small fixes. I probably designed this rather badly. It was just how I knew I could accomplish what I wanted at the time.

I am going to try to devote some time this week to free cable. I was focused on amazon for a while because they were adding many good television series to their prime service. I bite off more then I can maintain sometimes because it is stuff I want to be available. It is disappointing when It falls into disrepair. I usually prioritize by what I am using at the moment.

The main things I want to accomplish first is make everything more customizable. enable/disable for all stations. I then want to fix the All Shows database which has been broken for some time. My priority after that will be updating working stations for free cable exporting strm/nfo for scanning into the xbmc library. I then want to fix and update the rest of the stations. I wish I was a better programmer so this would be easier.

If anyone has any specific feature requests let me know. I plan to add a favor boolean to the all shows database for the favorite shows list. This should make it easier to quickly get to specific frequent shows.

I am not sure if I am going to do a movie database for the various movies available. I was thinking of listing the movies available under All Shows as their station name + " Movies". I am not sure if there are enough of them to have movie database.
Hi BlueCop,
Glad to see you're "back in the saddle" after your unfortunate mishap. Looking forward to your Free Cable updates and I may just have to check out Amazon Prime to see what programs they have available! Thanks again for the great add-ons you've created and maintained for the XBMC community!