Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I downloaded the repo, installed from zip file within XBMC. Good, then I go to the list of Video Addons to add and select FreeCable from list, select download... aaaand. nothing. Download stuck at 0% after several attempts. Am I doing something wrong?, worked fine for other repos.
you have to wait for it to complete.
I know that...lol. It just wouldn't progress... maybe my interwebz were messed up. Ill try again when I get home.
It'll stay at 0% until it's done. You won't see the % complete number progressing.
Hi Blue cop..... is there anyway to update the shows on A7e.. the first 48... those episodes are old and i dont see any other way to update the episodes... i'm on atv2
a&e
Having an issue with ABC in the US. Tried to pickup NY Med yesterday and it showed only through Episode 6. Tried again today and the same thing. Looks like Episode 7 and 8 have all aired but mine is not showing anything.
No errors.

Any ideas? Anybody else have this problem?
(2012-08-25, 03:25)drbotts Wrote: [ -> ]Having an issue with ABC in the US. Tried to pickup NY Med yesterday and it showed only through Episode 6. Tried again today and the same thing. Looks like Episode 7 and 8 have all aired but mine is not showing anything.
No errors.

I went to the ABC web site, and it's showing episodes 1 - 6 there. So FreeCable is giving you everything that's available.
For those with ios devices, the XBMC app (Jailbroken, ofc). this repo works great with it as well. hehe.
Maybe someone can help me figure out why Free Cable isn't working for me. I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and eden 11.0 from the Ubuntu repos. The error I am getting in the debug long has to do with sqlite3. The error is the same with every channel.

21:40:27 T:140404183127808 ERROR: Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
21:40:27 T:140404183127808 ERROR: Error Contents: unable to open database file

full log below
http://pastebin.com/yEdgMvkz

Thx

[Solved]
Solution
sudo apt-get install sqlite python-sqlite

python libs didn't even cross my mind simple fix.
HEHEHE this is awesome, Just tried it out, me and the kids love it. Thank you
Is there a way to make a video buffer to a certain percentage before playback?
(2012-08-26, 06:07)AaronG85 Wrote: [ -> ]HEHEHE this is awesome, Just tried it out, me and the kids love it. Thank you
Is there a way to make a video buffer to a certain percentage before playback?

i dont know about making it a percentage, but in advancedsettings.xml you can specify how many bytes the buffer should be.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...network.3E
hi guys.
i am from israel so most of the content is blocked.
anyone have a good US proxy to recommend ?
thanks
(2012-08-26, 22:11)EZ1976 Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys.
i am from israel so most of the content is blocked.
anyone have a good US proxy to recommend ?
thanks

Depends if you want a free service or you are willing to pay for it. I personally like VPN better then proxy servers for the encryption and it forces all contections though the vpn tunnel with a proxy you can have data leakage. I can't say that I know of any good free but here is a good list of paid vpn/proxy providers.

Most list if they will support US streams on there web pages.
http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-provid...ly-111007/

Hope that helps and good luck

Giganews is a great one i use for both the vpn and news
Hi BlueCop! Thanks for this plugin - it seems to be making a lot of people very happy!

I've just gotten it partially working for the first time in a while - I was previously having a lot of problems with streaming video not starting in every plugin, but by-and-large that's fixed now, so I'm discovering the wonderful world of video addons.

I've not tried a lot yet, but my wife and I started watching Hoarders on A&E today (from Canada), and the first episode plays beautifully. Sadly, every subsequent episode *also* plays the first episode - they start just fine but the video is the same for every entry. Have you seen anything like that before?