Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
History Channel has not worked for weeks, maybe even back to December. It will pull up the current shows but fails to play. This happens in both Pawn Stars and American Pickers.
I am having Buffering issues with Comedy Central. When trying to play the Daily Show it shows buffering at 5-7% and never starts. Has anyone else seen this problem.
Any update on a&e?
I have Free Cable installed on a Raspberry Pi Model-B. This could easily be my favorite and most used addon. I love the interface and the content would be 90+% of what we're looking for, but there's just so much that doesn't work. I've tested it with both OpenELEC and Raspbmc and the results are the same. Most of the content doesn't play. Often the result is a script failure. Just as often it acts like it's going to play but then just stays at the episode screen with no error message. It's really very time consuming to got through each channel, testing each show, and waiting for an error message that may or may not appear. So before I spend the rest of my life creating log files, if you're using Free Cable on a Raspberry Pi:

1) Is there something that has to be specifically configured for the Pi?
2) Can you give me some examples to try that work for you?
Is there a work around for the history channel? I'm running Openelec so I can't watch it with a browser. Thanks.
Bump for A&E fix please!

If I knew what needed to be passed down I'd tackle this, but another hour of fooling around got me nowhere. I did figure out the regex
smil = urllib.unquote_plus(re.compile('{releaseURL:"(.+?)",').findall(data)[0])
(2013-01-24, 02:22)mdh1975 Wrote: [ -> ]History Channel has not worked for weeks, maybe even back to December. It will pull up the current shows but fails to play. This happens in both Pawn Stars and American Pickers.

(2013-01-24, 17:27)eddier Wrote: [ -> ]I am having Buffering issues with Comedy Central. When trying to play the Daily Show it shows buffering at 5-7% and never starts. Has anyone else seen this problem.

Experiencing the same problems here. Amazing add-on, by the way, thanks for all the immense work.Blush
can't get the add-ons from the repo installed in XBMCbuntu frodo (clean install) at the moment... tried force refresh etc but repo stays empty Sad
there you have it, after some reboots the contents of the repository suddenly appeared. guess there's a time out problem involved somewhere when XBMC searches the contents of bluecop repo. everything's fine now, thanks for the outstanding work!
which versions of xbmc are you guys using? I cant get any of the channels to load "script error", using frodo 12 final...
CBS no longer works. This is because CBS changed their html at http://www.cbs.com/video to add this menu item:
<a href="/shows/grammys/" class="isOff">GRAMMYS</a> <!-- Please note this terrible hack by J Randell -->

I got CBS to work again by changing the following lines in cbs.py starting with line 62 from

Code:
for item in categories:
        catid = item['onclick'].replace("showDaypart('",'').replace("');",'')
        name = catid.title()
        common.addDirectory(name, 'cbs', 'shows', catid)

to

Code:
for item in categories:
        if item['href'].find('javascript') == 0:
           catid = item['onclick'].replace("showDaypart('",'').replace("');",'')
           name = catid.title()
           common.addDirectory(name, 'cbs', 'shows', catid)
Note that I am a complete noob in Python and XBMC plugins so there are probably better ways to do this.
Worked beautifully... Good job, Vernonjvs.
Thanks Vernonjvs
I installed xbmc on my iphone 5 and im using free cable, but some channels like usa wont play and keep getting this "playback failed" message. Anyone know if theres a way to fix this?

Thanks
Will this wonderful Add on be updated soon to fix the CBS issue?

I would rather not have to edit any kind of code.