Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Bluecop,

First of all, you are a legend coming up with these addons.

Is it possible for you to add iTV player and BBC iplayer to the list.

I dont know where to start otherwise I would do it. My family love the pommy shows.

Cheers...Big Grin
Bandaids: I have focused mostly on the US based streaming sites. I think there are already plug-ins available for those sites though. I haven't used them myself though.

sorry for the lag in updates. I am working to try to add as many stations as possible right now. I want to complete my current list and then build a database of shows to include with the plug-in so it will have poster/banner, fanart, description, etc. You can update the database with the context menu on the items so you can add new shows without rebuilding or anything. I want to complete all the station icons and database sub category listings as well. It might be a bit before the next update.
Thanks for the awesome script Bluecop. I have it labelled as "hooloo" Big Grin

Has anybody else had problems with SyFy videos? They don't seem to play for me.

http://pastebin.com/ZmPMmssE
Thanks for the quick response bluecop, again good work.

There is however an excellent working BBC iplayer addon but there doesnt seem to be a working iTV player addon. They have gone down, i dont know weather it is just a case of updating the broken addon or what. My misus is driving me crazy missing her pommy shows.

This is the broken iTV addon:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=589...tcount=119

Don't know if it would be easy to fix. It brings up the shows and episodes but when you play a video, the video just doesnt start.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
This is awesome! Bluecop, you've added so much to XBMC and saved us a bundle on cable fee.

I've named this plugin: freeBCable (BC stands for BlueCop) Big Grin
Has anyone resolved the issue with ATV2?
Even with latest nightly build am still not able to stream most channels.
Any constructive help would be appreciated.
chrenaud Wrote:Has anyone resolved the issue with ATV2?
Even with latest nightly build am still not able to stream most channels.
Any constructive help would be appreciated.

No, unfortunately not. No
Would also love to have this working on ATV again. Is there a way to downgrade to the last version that worked w/ ATV?
bodhi Wrote:This is awesome! Bluecop, you've added so much to XBMC and saved us a bundle on cable fee.

I've named this plugin: freeBCable (BC stands for BlueCop) Big Grin

CableGator dammit! Big Grin
eTip the version does not matter, it is the RTMP. Most sites need a newer version handshake than available for Atv. It needs recompiled to a new version and all will work. Unfortunately no one has successfully done this yet
I am aware of the RTMP issue (though admittedly some of the details are a bit over my head). However it seems to me like maybe (?) something else is at play here (or I could be completely out of my gord - or BOTH). Anyhow, prior to 0.0.4, ABC, CBS, NBC, FX all worked fine (other channels did not). Now, none of them do. This didnt happen gradually - this channels ALL worked before that upgrade and stopped working right after. Heck, the only reason I upgraded was to help answer a question someone posted to BlueCop in this thread as to whether the update worked with ATV2. Big Grin

Don't get me wrong - I knew full well that I was risking breaking it by updating and I am not complaining either....just wanted to get the facts straight (I am a stickler for that for some reason). If there is no way to downgrade or if downgrading won't help - then I will wait patiently (most content I want is available elsewhere - but CableGator is easier to navigate for the wife).
Can someone please explain what CableGator is?? and where to get it if it is an addon??

Cheers
Bandaids Wrote:Can someone please explain what CableGator is?? and where to get it if it is an addon??

Cheers

Heheh - that's just my somewhat insane one-man campaign to rename "Free Cable" to CableGator. Didn't mean to confuse! Catchy though, huh? Wink
eTip Wrote:Heheh - that's just my somewhat insane one-man campaign to rename "Free Cable" to CableGator. Didn't mean to confuse! Catchy though, huh? Wink

Nah, I like "freebie cable" (freeBCable) Laugh
bodhi Wrote:Nah, I like "freebie cable" (freeBCable) Laugh
I call my install "Free TV", kinda rhymes Smile
mynumbistongue Wrote:pkellum I would love to have the hub for my kids could you post a link.
Sorry, I just noticed this. I sent my code to BlueCop, hopefully it'll be in an upcoming release. The code is very hacky, The Hub is one of the most confusingly coded sites I've ever seen. I'm hoping BlueCop can clean it up a bit.