Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[/quote]

You should use a text editor, such as Notepad or Notepad++.
[/quote]

Hey thanks, I downloaded and used Notepad and was able to properly replace the files for ABC, CBS, & PBS. Looks to be working pretty good except maybe I messed up on ABC, cause it seems like it would work, but none of the shows I tried had episodes listed after you choose a season. But, anyway thank you again for your help.

Gary
(2013-04-20, 17:29)GBunner Wrote: [ -> ]Hey thanks, I downloaded and used Notepad and was able to properly replace the files for ABC, CBS, & PBS. Looks to be working pretty good except maybe I messed up on ABC, cause it seems like it would work, but none of the shows I tried had episodes listed after you choose a season. But, anyway thank you again for your help.

Gary
Have you switched to ABC RSS mode in the settings.
No, I haven't. I try it. Thanks
(2013-04-21, 08:06)GBunner Wrote: [ -> ]No, I haven't. I try it. Thanks

That fixed it. Thanks again!!

Gary
(2013-04-19, 23:40)moneymaker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-19, 16:18)King-Tech Wrote: [ -> ]OK,i am new to xbmc.Can you please give me step by step how i can add this fix please!!??!?!?!?! wit picture please

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...le_on_ATV2

instead of /userdata look for addondata. there you will find the plugin.freecable/resources/lib

I am sorry but can someone please show me step by step exactly how to do this fix from start to finish please. I am very new to this.And if i am shown how to do something the first time, then i will be able to do things on my own.Please,this would be greatly appreciated.i am using windows do this.
(2013-04-22, 03:01)King-Tech Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-19, 23:40)moneymaker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-19, 16:18)King-Tech Wrote: [ -> ]OK,i am new to xbmc.Can you please give me step by step how i can add this fix please!!??!?!?!?! wit picture please

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...le_on_ATV2

instead of /userdata look for addondata. there you will find the plugin.freecable/resources/lib

I am sorry but can someone please show me step by step exactly how to do this fix from start to finish please. I am very new to this.And if i am shown how to do something the first time, then i will be able to do things on my own.Please,this would be greatly appreciated.i am using windows do this.

First you need to be able to access your files, do you know how to ssh in with wifi using cyberduck or connect with USB using ifunbox?
Thanks for updating CBS Smile

Also just wanted to say Notepad++ is great as it made it very easy to save the info as .py

Thanks Smile
Can you show me how to ssh in with wifi using cyberduck or connect with USB using ifunbox. Again I am a beginner,please sow me everything that i have to do to get this working.
I guess I should have asked first. What are you using to watch xbmc? I really only know how to do iOS devices.
windows 7 system a computer
(2013-04-22, 17:17)King-Tech Wrote: [ -> ]windows 7 system a computer

Oh, well then I don't think you need either thing I mentioned. You just need to copy and paste the updated files into your freecable file. You just need to find where it is. Mine was in var/mobile/library/preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/resources/lib but I think yours is not gonna be exactly the same place. You will probably need to convert the files to .py files too. Download the program from one of the previous posts.
Did anyone find a fix for the listing in ABC RSS Mode, so it actually updates the list?
(2013-04-22, 17:17)King-Tech Wrote: [ -> ]windows 7 system a computer

I had similar issues figuring this out, since there is not a very clear tutorial anywhere, so out of sympathy I will walk you through what I have been able to do to make these patches work.

First, follow this link:

https://home.no/xbmc/load/

Open the file you need (cbs, abc...whatever). Select all of the text in that file and copy it.

Open a new doc using Notepad. Paste all if that text you just copied into the doc you just created.

Now, copy this text:

C:\Users\<whatever username you use for windows>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\resources\lib

This is where you need to save that Notepad file you just created (you will need to change the part about the username to YOUR username...obviously). In Noteoad, click on "File", and then click on "Save As". When that screen pops up, you will need to paste the location above into the bar at the top of the screen. You will show no files at that location, because the "Save as type" field at the bottom of the window will have defaulted to "Text Documents" (.txt files only). You need to change that to "All Files". BOOM...there are all of the .py and .pyo files within FreeCable. Now there is just one step left...

Name the file abc.py, or cbs.py, or whatever file it is you are working on and hit SAVE. That's it. You're all done.

is probably an easier way to do this, but I had to figure this out on my own and it is quick and works, so I hope this helps.
I've managed to fix lifetime. http://pastebin.com/8TUz0WRB lifetime.py
Thanks for updating Lifetime.