Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] 8tracks - Listen to handcrafted internet radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Good news. Now, the addons is working with the new release 3.9.6 of Yatse.

The "Opening stream" window still remains on the screen but it is not important since I do not have to switch on the TV to listen 8 tracks.
Hey. Just a quick note about 0.2.10
Going to the next page of liked mixes doesn't work. It basically brings you the 1st page again.
Otherwise nothing to complain about Smile thanks for keeping the addon alive!
It's incompatible with XBMC Gotham....
Hi,

I've fixed the plugin for my own use to be compatible with Gotham just so it'll play some music, I did not dive in at all.
Here are my two cents so you can do the same to have this great plugin working again -

Gotham compatibility is fixed by changing in addon.xml, now can be installed from zip
Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>
to
Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>

Now edit /.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.8tracks/resources/lib/Addon.py
and comment out lines 36,37,38 - should look like that:
Code:
#    else:
#        xbmc.output(addon.getAddonInfo('name') + ': ' +
#                    msg.encode('ascii','ignore'), xbmc.LOGDEBUG)

Doing so made plugin work again.

I know, it's ugly but it works :-|
Just as that ?
Wonderful.
Any issues that people are having, such as not being able to see the next page of liked mixes, is likely due to the fact that the current 8tracks API appears quite different from what is currently in the addon. I'm going to take a look at it over the next week or two when I have time, and clean it up to use the newer API calls. So far the only one I've outright identified is the mixes API being changed to "Mix sets" but I'm sure there's more, as they are on V3 of their API. Eventually I'd like to add in more search functionality such as tags, user etc.

I'll fork it and link to my github once I've made some progress Smile
How do I install this in Gotham?

It just shows "Add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository - Dependencies not met Please contact Add-on author."
Thanks for the fix @autogun.
I am on Gotham 13.2 and I tried the fix provided by Autogun. I was able to get it to install as a zip, but after editing the addon.py it still throws an error script failed at me.

Any thoughts?

EDIT:
It is working now... maybe it has some protection on trying to start up too many times? No idea, I guess it just needed some time to sit. Anyway, thank you autogun!
can you post the working zip ?
thanks it's working. It's a pity that you can't login to see you're own playlists...
Works with Gotham 13.2, All I did was download 0.2.10 from sbchisholm Github found here

https://github.com/sbchisholm/repository...io.8tracks

and exract the rar file and open plugin.audio.8tracks folder and edit the addon.xml in this line as autogun suggested

<import version="2.0" addon="xbmc.python"/>

to

<import version="2.1.0" addon="xbmc.python"/>

now save your change and move the folder to

C:\Users\YourComputerNameHere\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

Go to Music/ Add-ons, click on it and Bingo Works Smile
Before diving in with manual edits, I'm wondering, does this plugin also work in Kodi v14 (Helix) ?
plugin.audio.8tracks-0.2.10.zip workes with Kodi 14.1 (no changes required)
(2015-02-14, 01:30)Dash145 Wrote: [ -> ]plugin.audio.8tracks-0.2.10.zip workes with Kodi 14.1 (no changes required)

I have Kodi 14.1 installed and running well on my Amazon FireTV Stick, with many excellent plugins.

When I try to install plugin.audio.8tracks-0.2.10.zip though, I get the "Dependencies not met" error.

Huh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7