Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin graphics problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have XBMC installed on a late 2006 imac. It has ATI Radeon X1600 with 128MB GDDR3 SDRAM, if that helps. I basically can't use any skin except PM3.HD because all the rest of them have large artifacts and whole sections that are blocked out (usually pink). This is just the skin, not video playback. Is this common? Or is there a problem with my hardware? What can I do to fix it? I used to just put up with it, but I would really like to start using one of the newer skins.

Thanks!
Are you conecting to a TV or screen and presumably you don't notice any issues with any other programmes, safari etc?
I'm not connected to a tv, I'm using the iMac's screen. And no, I've only noticed this with XBMC. That's why I thought I should post here first.
Maybe you should also try running a more graphic intensive process than safari.

Do you have any problems running an itunes visuliser?
Actually I don't have iTunes on my computer. I never had a need for it. Is there another way I can test this out?
I can't think of a simple one.

In the mean time, your full spec (mac os version) and a debug log are usually required to give help on issues.
Probably a problem in relation to graphic drivers-xbmc-semi trNsparent textures in skin.
Hi Baloeb,

I had the same issue on a PPC G4 running OS/X Server 10.5.4
Your suggestion saved me having to download all the skins to work out if any worked okay. PM3.HD works fine.

Graphics card is a ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
I am running 10.4.11. Is there a way to adjust the semi-transparent textures setting? I couldn't find it anywhere in the settings menu.
It's a skin thing, you won't find it in xbmc settings. I'm curious if it happens with a skin from my signature as well?
I tried it out with the quartz skin, and it doesn't work either. As soon as it switches skin the settings menu has a big pinkish pixelated square next to it. It seems like it is a hardware problem, but i was thinking of booting xbmc live from usb just to see if that did it too.
OK, I booted XBMC Live and the graphics were great! It must be a software thing. Maybe because I still use Tiger. The other problems with live, though, are the apple remote didn't work, and I couldn't browse samba shares so I couldn't actually watch a video and see if the sound and video worked for movies. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the apple remote working in live, and if the network connection works on imacs? Was it just because I was running it off of a cd? If I could get it working I will probably dual boot my imac.
I can't browse network through Windows network (SMB), I have to go through Add network location.. and add a folder first. I can browse this added folder afterwards.
So I decided to finally upgrade to Snow Leopard once I realized it was a software issue, and everything is working great. The older operating system is what was making the difference.