Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
keibertz Wrote:@ butch
Some time ago u want to make a new vertical menĂ¼ layout with a black background behind the menuentries like in the horizontal menue.
how far are u ? when u will beready for an svn test ?

Yeah that was an idea, but i had negative feedbacks about that so i left.
I have something in my mind and just started to code, a wallview homemenu! Smile but first i'm going to clean up bugfixes and push 2.06 to my repo. I hope for next weekend, then i'll leave dharma as eden is really close to release. So all future releases will be for eden.
Any chance of Blu-ray cases in Coverflow view??

Thanks in advance
RockDawg Wrote:I've got a strange problem. Whenever I try to scroll to season 3 of The Big Bang Theory I get booted back to the home screen. This only happens with this season of this show. Now what's really weird is that this only happens in RightList and List views, but not in the Fanart view. Even stranger, is that all the views work fine in my Windows box, but all 3 of my Linux boxes "crash" to home whenever I try to highlight season 3 of The Big Bang Theory.

I have been modding that ViewsVideoRightlist.xml a bit and I thought maybe that was the problem, but I copied over a fresh unedited version of the file and it still does it. Plus that wouldn't seem to explain why List view does it too.

Any idea what the heck could be going on here?

EDIT: I just deleted my custom version of Cirrus along with guisettings.xml and re-installed a fresh Cirrus 2.05 and it still does it. Below is a debug log.

http://pastebin.com/D38xnN2S

I'm wondering if this is where the problem is:

Code:
347: 23:39:05 T:3024045808   ERROR: Control 1 in window 10099 has been asked to focus, but it can't

The problem was happening because the thumb for that season was a .png file. I changed to a newer build and the problem disappeared. So it seems it was an XBMC problem not a Cirrus problem.
the random movie script does not work any more. I only get a little script error down right.
Logfile:
23:05:44 T:1352 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
23:05:44 T:1352 ERROR: Error Contents: ('result',)
23:05:44 T:1352 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randommovie\default.py", line 145, in <module>
randomMovie = getRandomMovie(unwatched, False, "")
File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randommovie\default.py", line 42, in getRandomMovie
for movie in moviesJSON["result"]["movies"]:
KeyError: ('result',)

But i am not sure if they have make a permanent change in preEden or if there is a temporarily bug in preEden
Just a question...is anyone able to reliably use cirrus extended 2.05 with the Sept 26 nightly on an ATV2?

I've tried using it twice. First time, I installed it (uploaded the plugin folder), made sure the permissions were set to mobile:mobile, switched from Confluence to cirrus extended, and it kept randomly crashing (even when doing things like just scrolling down through a list). I got rid of it, but I thought it might've been because I had some weird plugins going on with my XBMC installation. I wanted to wipe things out, so I completely uninstalled and then reinstalled XBMC, and tried cirrus again. Same thing--random crashes back to frontrow. It's just not at all stable--I can use it for about 30 seconds to a minute, moving around, until it crashes.

I can do some serious testing and post debug logs and such, but I was just wondering first if my experience is unique? Or are other people experiencing the same type of crashing problems? I love the look of the skin, I just wish I could use it Sad

Here's what I'm doing, in detail:

1. Downloaded cirrus extended v2 from the first page of this thread (pre-Eden version, 2.05).
2. Uploaded unrar'ed folder to /XBMC/addons.
3. chown'ed recursively to mobile:mobile.
4. Switched from Confluence to cirrus extended v2 skin in System settings.
5. Set the Home window to be horizontal.
6. Navigated around just to see what it was like...always crash to frontrow within 30-60 seconds. Doing different things.
OK, well, I just tried it again and it crashed yet again. While I was navigating through my movies collection. Here's the pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/q2vcQ3Bf
canadave Wrote:OK, well, I just tried it again and it crashed yet again. While I was navigating through my movies collection. Here's the pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/q2vcQ3Bf

Don't have ATV2 so can be hard to test. ATV2 Users reported CEV2 (2.05) working well,
remember nightlies are not stable. Anyway this week 2.06 should be ready... you may try with 2.06 ...
keibertz Wrote:the random movie script does not work any more. I only get a little script error down right.
Logfile:
23:05:44 T:1352 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
23:05:44 T:1352 ERROR: Error Contents: ('result',)
23:05:44 T:1352 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randommovie\default.py", line 145, in <module>
randomMovie = getRandomMovie(unwatched, False, "")
File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randommovie\default.py", line 42, in getRandomMovie
for movie in moviesJSON["result"]["movies"]:
KeyError: ('result',)

But i am not sure if they have make a permanent change in preEden or if there is a temporarily bug in preEden

If the script can't find the 'result'part of the JSON response then it sounds like JSON is broken in that version.
canadave Wrote:Just a question...is anyone able to reliably use cirrus extended 2.05 with the Sept 26 nightly on an ATV2?

I was using it and getting lots of crashes however I realised I had made a lot of changes since first setting up XBMC on my ATV2. One in particular was causing the ATV2 to crash when browsing my movies folder, very similar behaviour to what you are experiencing.

I had installed and setup lots of skins, installed and uninstalled plenty of plugins, and messed around with my library continuously. I figured if I was going to give Cirrus Extended a chance to work properly I would spend the time restarting. I uninstalled XBMC and deleted the XBMC folder in Preferences. Reinstalled XBMC from the nightly (currently running 20110926-6c08a58 Sep 26th) and Cirrus 2.06 from SVN.

I have re-added all of my libraries (whilst waiting forever for my music to scrape), and reconfigured the skin. The only thing I left different was not updating to a more advanced weather plugin, the basic one is serving me fine. Now I have everything running flawlessly, no crashes, good response times, perfect!

Hope this helps, it can be a pain starting over but in my case I am extremely happy with the decision to do so. Smile
el_Paraguayo Wrote:If the script can't find the 'result'part of the JSON response then it sounds like JSON is broken in that version.

Although, that's really rather presumptuous of me!

I'll take a look.
Shinu Wrote:is there a way to not have the "paused" popup appear on top of every other screen while navigating? is there also a way to make the time in the infoscreen more prominent? oh, and is season fanart something ever considered?

1. Paused on every other screen removed DONE
2. Current Time and Finish Time Bold Font DONE
3. Season Fanart DONE
butchabay Wrote:Don't have ATV2 so can be hard to test. ATV2 Users reported CEV2 (2.05) working well,
remember nightlies are not stable. Anyway this week 2.06 should be ready... you may try with 2.06 ...

JWindebank Wrote:I was using it and getting lots of crashes however I realised I had made a lot of changes since first setting up XBMC on my ATV2. One in particular was causing the ATV2 to crash when browsing my movies folder, very similar behaviour to what you are experiencing.

I had installed and setup lots of skins, installed and uninstalled plenty of plugins, and messed around with my library continuously. I figured if I was going to give Cirrus Extended a chance to work properly I would spend the time restarting. I uninstalled XBMC and deleted the XBMC folder in Preferences. Reinstalled XBMC from the nightly (currently running 20110926-6c08a58 Sep 26th) and Cirrus 2.06 from SVN.

I have re-added all of my libraries (whilst waiting forever for my music to scrape), and reconfigured the skin. The only thing I left different was not updating to a more advanced weather plugin, the basic one is serving me fine. Now I have everything running flawlessly, no crashes, good response times, perfect!

Hope this helps, it can be a pain starting over but in my case I am extremely happy with the decision to do so. Smile

Thanks guys. I'll give 2.06 a shot when it's released. JWindebank, I was running 2.05 pretty much on a fresh install of XBMC with the Sept. 26 nightly, so I'm surprised to hear that you've had success with it that way. Strange. Oh well, like I said, hopefully 2.06 will do the trick.
butchabay Wrote:1. Paused on every other screen removed DONE
2. Current Time and Finish Time Bold Font DONE
3. Season Fanart DONE

Ooooh,

Will this be added to 2.0.6 when it's officsly released butch! I like Thst feature a lot.

I've not had time to test the SVNs yet so I'm still on 2.0.5 as I am trying to get some AVR issues sorted etc Oo
Yes all the changes i've done are for 2.06 !
Hi Butcha,

I'm new to XBMC and have it running on my ATV2, and I've gotta say, I am TOTALLY blown away by just how AWESOME your skin is. It is so elegant, classy, clean, but more importantly minimal resource use on my ATV2 and runs so smoothly.... incredible!!

I wanted to ask though, I love the spinning CD with CDArt. When I am playing music, and navigating through the home menu, the boxed area which shows "Now Playing" only has the Album cover, without any spinning CD. The spinning CD shows up when songs are changing in the screensaver/visualization mode transiently. Is there anyway that I can keep the spinning CD running in the boxed area of my home menu, and if so, how do I do it?

Once again, thanks so much for creating such a masterpiece.

Rasi