Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yohan Wrote:I switched from Aeon Nox to this superb skin because Nox was gettig too heavy i.m.o. . Just mind that Cirrus Extended isn't going the same path due to its popularity, where everyone wants his/her mod included in the release version.
Perhaps it's a better way to release a rather light version and publish a number of mods or themes separately.

Hey,

Dont worry... Unlike many skins, butcha allows for both a lite/full version in the same package. You are free to enable and disable all these features and have a blazing fast skin (as I do) or enable as many eye candy features as you like (or as your machine can handle)

Even now butch as just made changes to fanart view that is designed for speed and efficiency (the black screen) and removed the widgets from the now playing home screen.

The great thing about CEv2 is it will run on low end pcs as well as high end rigs... Just pop it in and enable/disable whatever you need.

Personally, I disable animated weather, disable recently added apps, disable all the extra fanart on home screen options, use 1 custom wallpaper, disable scrolling text, disable now playing progress bar, disable weather fanart, but I enable a host of other features that my revo can handle and let me tell you... It's "shit the bed" fast!

I've only ever had 1 problem with cev2 and Thst was 2.0.5 and scrolling through lists, this was a bug that butch squished very recently and when configured correctly there is no other skin as fast as this skin on my windows 7 revo. I've tested them all and am yet to find one that matches the robust-ness, speed and features set of cev2 ...

If there is anything you think would help speed it up, post it in here and I'm sure butch will try to add that as an option in the skin settings. Menus are all laid out logically and simplistically, making them understandable for experts and beginners alike.

For example, previously I would listen to music and sit on the weather screen, the animated weather Icons make my Atom/revo become juddery... I asked butch if he could disable them and within a few days there was an option to have them disabled. Fantastic! That was a feature added, however it was added to enhance performace on low end machines.

Cev2 is very fast, and if you do expereice any slow down just mention it in here and I'm sure butch and the guys will do their best to help as performance is very high on the list of priorities for cev2 Smile
The same goes Aeon Nox btw. Big Noid does his best to provide a skin with low requirements. However if you enable all bells and wistles it will get slower. That is a fact for all skins.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:The same goes Aeon Nox btw. Big Noid does his best to provide a skin with low requirements. However if you enable all bells and wistles it will get slower. That is a fact for all skins.

Defo not a fact for all skins? Aeon runs on my revo but no matter what i do it wont run as fast as cev2... even with all features disabled.

Some skins (like aeon) need a bit of beef to run, its part of the appeal. Aeon looks great in full 1080p and animated etc.. but it does not run perfectly on atom based cpus. I have 3 atom based htpcs and none of them run aeon perfectly.

I agree with what the OP said that some skins get slower as features are added, and i understand his concern... He was a user of that skin and has notced slowdown as features and extras were added. However, cev2 doesnt have that issue as butch alwyas adds an option to disable as well as enable. Some skins dont. That aside, its most defiently not a "fact" that all skins will run well on low powered machines with all their features disabled?

If that were the case aeon nox etc would never have been created in the first place, they were created to be lighter versions of aeon... if aeon could run "fast" on low powered pc's just by disabling the features, why not just disable them... instead of creating an entire new skin Huh
It is indeed true that that skin vary on precessor needs to run. No arguing that Wink I was just saying it could run reasonably fast (without all additions). Not tried an atom yet though maybe next month buy me one of those. (At the moment it runs perfect on an Intel i7 Rolleyes)

The requirements will be partially resolved when Eden is released and dirty regions is enabled. This will reduce the CPU power needed to show animations. Also the code that skins need is reduced a lot with latest additions.
Well at least there are skins that will provide great results on low power HTPC so thank you Butch Wink
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:May I ask which version you're using at the moment?

Sorry for the off-topic. Just curious

I am honest, at the moment i haven't upgraded the latest version, i'll do that the next days

ialand Wrote:Not on the version of 2.06 I have, only the thumb Sad need a newer version?

Oh, another movie set question/idea. Right now when you have a view that shows cases, it shows the movie set as 'dvd', maybe someone with talent could make a 'box set' case (gold) and display that instead?

We have a lot of people here with gfx skills, so i'm sure we'll find someone doing it. By the way mediabrowser comunity has a great amount of extra art and looks very very professional.

See here: http://community.mediabrowser.tv/topics?category_id=7

PatrickBateman Wrote:Everywhere,

Basically I like to pick 1 wallpaper and set all other wallpapers to be the same, therefore wehn i navigate through menus, plugins, weather etc my background stays consistent. It only ever changes if I have fanart and displays it, if I have no fanart it displays a black screen.

I can pop a vid up if that's any easier to show you what I mean, but basically I only want 1 background/wallpaper for everything, unless I have fanart (then show that) and if no fanart show black screen.

I don't mind doing it manually if it's a ball ache to code into the skin... But when I use the custom random background, it doesn't do every background within the skin, so I edit the oones it's doesnt change manuall by coping the I age over the images in the media folder (or backgrounds folder)

That make sense,

I know your not a fan of big poster view, but could/would you add the "black background" option to that view too as I do like that sleek look and I use those views for HD movies and want to try and keep my views consistent

If not, no worries... Its still effin incredible and getting better every day

Cheers bro,

Yep, black background option is in every video view.
About the option to have 1 wallpaper should be possible. But i'll rest with the custom random fanart and i'll add custom random fanart GLOBAL. So you can easy switch it on and off. Smile

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:It is indeed true that that skin vary on precessor needs to run. No arguing that Wink I was just saying it could run reasonably fast (without all additions). Not tried an atom yet though maybe next month buy me one of those. (At the moment it runs perfect on an Intel i7 Rolleyes)

The requirements will be partially resolved when Eden is released and dirty regions is enabled. This will reduce the CPU power needed to show animations. Also the code that skins need is reduced a lot with latest additions.
Well at least there are skins that will provide great results on low power HTPC so thank you Butch

Aeon is Aeon and Cirrus is Cirrus, Aeon has a great collection of textures, cirrus uses really normal and not heavey textures, and i've removed all diffusses and overlays on the covers and added just a background image and a bordertexture to make feel a better look to the borders.

And we all forget that 90% of slowdowns is not coming from the skin. Weather plus, Next aired and almost TVTunes are causing weird slowdowns. I've uninstalled TV Tunes and since that i've never seen slowdowns again, on Dharma.
With the nightlies i can enable all the options and have all the scripts running without problems.

So congratulations to the dev team of xbmc for doing a really superb and grandious
Job !
Butch,

I'm using pre-Eden nightly 18th,
Cev2 2.0.6 r294 (just updated svn)

And I'm still seeing the trailer flag bug, and no option for black background? Have those been committed?

Couple of things that still bug me:

The White line on top of the horizontal menu bar has a thicker shadow that the bottom White line.

The clock/date and temp menu bar only has a transparent texture on the top half of the black bar unlike the main horizontal menu which has one on the top and one on the bottom half of the bar.

Did someone release silver text/font to go with the silver theme? I'm sure I read that somewhere but can't reference it?

The window misalignment in fanart view? I'm sure you did this at gun point as it's not like you to make such an ugly change Wink Can that window please be made static as it was in 2.0.5 and previous.

I am not a fan of the enlarging of the text in the recently added menu? It doesn't do this anywhere else in the skin... Again who made you do that Wink can the highly just be a standard hilight without increasing font size.. Just like in favourites etc... Smile

Could there be an option added for the recently added (press up twice) menu to disable or not show fanart in that section?

The reason I asked about a standard global background, is partly to do with an idea I had for setting wallpaper based on season. Could the skin be set to change global wallpaper (based on 4 user wallpapers) when the seasons change. As I lime to have my wallpaper match the season. Autum is red leaves, summer winter is my snow and ice hills, spring is green grass and flowers and summer is the sun/beach and water. If cev2 could (at predetermined dates) pick the correct wallpaper for each season I'd very impressed. If not... Why not Wink lol

Has the fanart view animation changed when scrolling through movies/tv shows etc as it seems to jump rather than slide?
Perhaps it's me (or an Eden thing) but it seems weird as when you press right (to scroll) the poster seems to enlarge, then move back to the centre with a judder? I've not noticed Thst before, but it could just be me Smile lol

Hope that's useful in some way lol Smile it's looking amazing through bro, rock solid and fully functional.

Can't wait for the new movie info screen too, looks amazing!
@Pat
You should See 2.07(Svn) when you choose the Skin in appearance settings.
Got it! I was updating the wrong one Laugh

Fanart view is still a bit messy thou butch...

The video window moves between screens, the show logo moves between screens, and the text moves between screens?

Is there no way to keep the window I the same locatio for all levels of fanart view, and the same for the logo, the text and everything else?

Love the new silver theme and font Nod

My black background won't enable? I'll figure That out in a bit...

Dim option is sweet too... Loving that.

Can confirm the trailer bug is indeed fixed (sorry I doubted you) Blush shame on me! I should know better Wink

Looking good though, I'll test away and post back any findings Smile

Update:
No black background option for music (works perfectly for movies/tv shows and looks so sleek)
You've fixed the enlarging of the text in recently added Smile looks so much better. Awesome!
Any way we can disable fanart on the recently added screen.
Hace you noticed that the recently added music etc when moving between tracks it displays the default music background for a few milliseconds. Can this be chsnged to behave differenrly or just disolay a black screen or disable the fanart comlletly like the rest ofmthe views now have.
feerlessleadr Wrote:i'm having some problems scrolling up and down using the fanart view.

Whenever i use the mapped page up or page down button on my remote, it skips too far up or too far down skipping approx 4 too many shows. This causes me to not see 4 shows everytime I scroll up or down.

I am using v 2.06 with one of the more recent nightlies.

Hey Butch,

Any word on if this is something you could take a look at?
feerlessleadr Wrote:Hey Butch,

Any word on if this is something you could take a look at?

No control about that, there is a scrollbar and when i make a movement to the right or to the left it works as it should. You're talking about fanart view or?
PatrickBateman Wrote:Got it! I was updating the wrong one
Fanart view is still a bit messy thou butch...

The video window moves between screens, the show logo moves between screens, and the text moves between screens?

Is there no way to keep the window I the same locatio for all levels of fanart view, and the same for the logo, the text and everything else?

Love the new silver theme and font Nod

My black background won't enable? I'll figure That out in a bit...

Dim option is sweet too... Loving that.

Can confirm the trailer bug is indeed fixed (sorry I doubted you) Blush shame on me! I should know better Wink

Looking good though, I'll test away and post back any findings Smile

Update:
No black background option for music (works perfectly for movies/tv shows and looks so sleek)
You've fixed the enlarging of the text in recently added Smile looks so much better. Awesome!
Any way we can disable fanart on the recently added screen.
Hace you noticed that the recently added music etc when moving between tracks it displays the default music background for a few milliseconds. Can this be chsnged to behave differenrly or just disolay a black screen or disable the fanart comlletly like the rest ofmthe views now have.

Hi Pat, glad it works now ...
don't know what you mean about fanart view.
Ok the video Window you see bigger is on Season level, i'll see if i'm going to change it as it was. TV Show Logos are different, so different positions, can't do much about it. They have different sizes. I just have to do it as it is, because of differences between movies and tvshows. So yes they are different layouts.

Black Backgound options will be integrated for all sections but not in near future.

About transitions there is nothing much i can do, they are coded in myvideonav.xml and mymusicsongs.xml ... maybe an option for black background but i really doubt i'm going to change it soon.

Recently added hide fanart, hmm i have to take a look if possible.

Until January, February there won't be big changes because my time will be limited, so no big updates. Please keep in mind SVN version will not be bugfree as i commit every change i make, even if it's buggy.

Cheers Smile
butchabay Wrote:No control about that, there is a scrollbar and when i make a movement to the right or to the left it works as it should. You're talking about fanart view or?

In the fanart view i have this problem. Even if I try to use the scroll bar, rather than using my page up/down button, it still skips to far forward or behind.

I will try a clean install from svn to see if this helps.
feerlessleadr Wrote:In the fanart view i have this problem. Even if I try to use the scroll bar, rather than using my page up/down button, it still skips to far forward or behind.

I will try a clean install from svn to see if this helps.

It's a page control, i don't really think i can control it within the skin code. Try another skin and report back please.
@Pat

Sorry but can't reproduce the transition effect on home screen fanart. Or maybe i don't understand the issue you're having.
butchabay Wrote:
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Yeah, I'd never use it either - I don't like random fanart options, but that's just me. If it's useful for someone then I'm happy to help.

I just need to test the script with the random fanart option enabled on my preEden machine (problem is, I've only got 2 movies on it as it's just for my development purposes!!).

Once I'm happy it's working, I'll send some instructions.
Ok, let me know when you're ready ...

Yup - tested on preEden and it does work.

I need suggestions for a new name for the script because i don't think randommovie is right anymore. I'm also hoping to add some ideas from Pat (surprise surprise!) like random music functionality, play 3 random trailers of movies in the library and then play a selected one etc etc

Once we've got a good name I'll send instructions to Butcha.