Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Butcha, meant to ask you - How do you create a new view solely for TV episodes? There's something I'd like to try for my MythTV recordings.

Sure, but at the moment it's not possible... I'll give you some hints when i'm back... You're using mythTV with windows or you're on linux?
I'm on Linux.

I'm happy with setting a <visible> tag for mythtv but what I don't know how to do is create new view and get it to appear in the list of views.
el_Paraguayo Wrote:I'm on Linux.

I'm happy with setting a <visible> tag for mythtv but what I don't know how to do is create new view and get it to appear in the list of views.

You have to create a new xml file, exampleview.xml, that view have to be identified with an id (i think id670 should be free) and a include name, exampleview. Now you have to add this view in includes.xml (there is a list you should see it at the beginning) there are a lot of includes, just add yours at the end of the list. After that you have to edit myvideonav.xml you see all the views at the beginning just add 670 to them. Scroll down and add your file name. Include filename exampleview.xml. In your view file you have to give the name and type of view, so it's viewtype list and the name that should appear in slide menu. I know it's a bit confusing, but just look at my views and it should be self explaining. If you have questions, just ask.
butchabay, I PM'ed you a new french translation…
N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:butchabay, I PM'ed you a new french translation…

Thanx mate, i'll add it for next update ...
Extended Now Playing with normal horizontal menu:
Looks good, it's only me or are there 2 different black bars?
butchabay Wrote:Looks good, it's only me or are there 2 different black bars?
Might be you!

It could be to do with the fanart underneath it - there's definitely only one black background being drawn for the now playing info.
If like me you find the "XX items, Duration xx etc" in the upper right corner totally unreadable by default, here is how to make it 100% visible by editing the 720p/MyVideonav.xml:

1) Search for <include>CommonPageCount</include> in MyVideonav.xml
2) Cut out this line
3) Search for <include>Clock</include> in MyVideonav.xml
4) Under this line, paste <include>CommonPageCount</include>

So it should look like this:
<include>Clock</include>
<include>CommonPageCount</include>

Et voilà, now you can finally read well the details of your items

this trick © Malexx
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Extended Now Playing with normal horizontal menu:

So nice!!! can't wait for the next upgradeBig Grin.
Thanx for making cirrus extended more and more amazing
Ok, so here's with that now playing view doubling as a progress bar:

and again with my usual Ben Folds fanart (I'm running a clean system on my laptop for testing so I've only imported one EP - I do listen to other stuff, I promise!)

Thoughts?
Difficult to say... screenshot doesn't really show the progress... and for a progress barLaugh.

No it's really nice. It will be optional?
The idea is that the whole black background of this now playing view is a progress bar. I didn't want the progress to bar to be too evident, instead it should be an afterthought i.e. you read the info and then notice the progress bar in the background, hence the transparent grey.

I think it's nice but not essential, so could make it optional.

Would like to hear what others think.
Nice one mate, if you want to make the progressbar optional is your decision. For me it don't have to be optional. I like it Smile
I've found a weird bug that's seems isolated to my particular settings. Under Skin Settings>Home window options I like to set it to hide Videos, games, Addon, Play Disk, Favourites and Power. When I do the home menu animation acts funny. I use the default vertical menu and normally when you scroll, the selected menu item text zooms/enlarges and turns white. With those particular menu items hidden, the text only zooms/enlarges every other cycle through the menu items.

For example my menu shows Weather, Pictures, movies, TV Shows, Music and System. Scrolling through them the first time, everything works as expected, but as you keep scrolling and come back to Weather the zoom/enlarge animation no longer works. The text still turns white, but doesn't enlarge. It will continue to do that until you get to Weather again and then it returns to normal. It will do this every other pass through all the items.

I've tried many different combinations of hidden menu items and the only one I can find that does this is my particular combination. I'm sure this will be like finding a needle in a hay stack, but maybe you can pinpoint the problem.