Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Absolutely! I've got it on mine (Ok, I use apple trailers lite).

The easiest way to do it is to first add it as a favourite. Go to the Videos menu item, press up (if on horizontal menu) or right (if using vertical) and select the File mode option. Select "Video add-ons" and the Apple Trailers option should be listed. Highlight, press c for the context menu and add it as a favourite.

Then go to the System menu and select Skin options. In Custom Home, you can now add a favourite as a home menu item.

Let me know if you have any problems.

If you're favourites are already full then you can hard code it into the skin file.

Thanks worked like a charm, I did not know that it was possible to add a video add-on as a favorite.

However I now have a problem that the new menu is placed between 2 other menus that are playlists, not sure how that happened. Is there a way to organize the home menus placement?

butchabay: totally enough lol.
gecko666 Wrote:Thanks worked like a charm, I did not know that it was possible to add a video add-on as a favorite.

However I now have a problem that the new menu is placed between 2 other menus that are playlists, not sure how that happened. Is there a way to organize the home menus placement?

butchabay: totally enough lol.

No way without editing the code ...

Here you see how home items are organized:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=817...tcount=458
butchabay Wrote:No way without editing the code ...

Here you see how home items are organized:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=817...tcount=458

Since I only have 5 playlists this worked out great. Thanks again for all the help.
Hey,

Bug list is looking good Nod can't wait for the next complete update. Eden looks promising, dirty regions will be the main selling point for me. I need the extra CPU cycles so I can have more sexy extras on screen Big Grin

I must say though, I'm loving the current setup as it's fast and stable and ... Well... Does an amazing job at what it does.

Plus, I must confess... I tried a few other skins again this weekend, and, call me crazy, but this skin seems light years ahead of the others in terms of user friendliness. Plus it's super sexy Nod

If there are any speed and performance Improvements to come I'm sure it'll blow me away even more.

Top work to butch and the guys as this weekend CEv2 again proved it's dominance in my home cinema Smile
Yo Pat, welcome back ...
Hope you had a nice time ...
I have running my htpc again, (no new one) Smile
Now it's time to work down my todo list ... And hopefully push a first pre eden release this weekend, so stay tuned!
Welcome back Pat

I don't know if you noticed it - as that time you were probably dancing drunk and naked in Edinburgh Festival's mud - but I released a whole set of default icons for CEv2, some pages back.
As you seem to have liked my settings icons maybe you would appreciate these ones
To reduce the skin size, from about 200MB to 50MB i've decided to keep separate the extras folder, containing:

- customrandomfanart
- defaultcdarts
- games
- moviegenrefanart
- moviegenres
- moviegenresnowall
- moviegenresposter
- musicgenrefanart
- musicgenres

The "extras" folder can be downloaded separately ...
is the skin faster without this folders ?
or is it only to reduce MB ?
keibertz Wrote:is the skin faster without this folders ?
or is it only to reduce MB ?

Hi Keibertz,

yeah it's only to reduce the size ... isn't the skin fast enough ? Smile
butchabay Wrote:Hi Keibertz,

yeah it's only to reduce the size ... isn't the skin fast enough ? Smile

It is indeed very fast.
It sure is fast... But it's always nice to go faster still Laugh

@nowall
Yea I'm using your default icons.. I really like keyboard as it fits perfectly with the rest of the skin. My only gripe with the default icons is in feel that then orange band is a tad to thick.. But that a very minor gripe after all Laugh

Festival was great, I remember getting muddy, drunk, and I'm sure I ended up naked inside an upside down purple cow Oo

I'm not read to move to Eden yet though,.. I'm scared.. This is so stable and all my plugins work... I don't want a buggy system again Sad this one is sooooo good x I'm only just getting to enjoy it and now it's time to start all over again Laugh

@butvh
Great work o the new home screen art option "thumbs up" as that will save me loads of time when testing and upgrading etc as I do it amm manually at the moment and that's a huge big thanks from me for that one Nod

Cheers
Hi Pat,
the option to use custom random fanarts on home will speed up the home menu, particulary if you have 1 image for all items ... you'll see Smile

Actually i'm running dharma in portable mode and pre eden the normal way, so it will be easier for me to work on both versions of CEv2 ...
PatrickBateman Wrote:@nowall
Yea I'm using your default icons.. I really like keyboard as it fits perfectly with the rest of the skin. My only gripe with the default icons is in feel that then orange band is a tad to thick.. But that a very minor gripe after all
Yep I agree, when I saw them in big on my TV I thought the same, but I don't plan to edit them, I'll get used to the thick orange lines

PatrickBateman Wrote:I'm not read to move to Eden yet though,.. I'm scared.. This is so stable and all my plugins work... I don't want a buggy system again Sad this one is sooooo good x I'm only just getting to enjoy it and now it's time to start all over again
+1, i will keep Dharma until Eden is official (and anyway, I am even not sure a pre-Eden exists for Mac already)
butchabay Wrote:To reduce the skin size, from about 200MB to 50MB i've decided to keep separate the extras folder...

The "extras" folder can be downloaded separately ...

You do what you want, you're the boss!

I am not complaining, but personally I don't know people still connecting in 56k or ISDN, so in my opinion 200mb wouldn't be a problem to download.
It could be if you released a new version let's say every week, but we can estimate you push an update roughly every 1 or 2 month(s).
I would find personally more convenient to download the whole datas in one time rather than starting several downloads then merging files, but well, if you prefer this way it's okI guess it's more convenient for YOU to split skin/Extras)
I saw on some skin (I don't remember which one) an option for the "debug/dev mod", aka a function that, when activated, shows on the screen which element depends on which .xml file. Is there some way to activate this on CE2?
I'd like to try some things in the code, but sometimes I don't know on which .xml to work