Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not tested yet, but it seems the french strings is still the one of 2.04 but untranslated

here is the french string up-to-date with 2.05: http://www.mediafire.com/?usguwbrne4fnm28
I've just refreshed a movie from my library (as I usually do on a daily basis due to incorrect naming etc) and I have to say this issue is not exhibited for me?

I've refreshed a few and once they are updated and then I go through and view them (to allow dds conversion) they seem fine?

However, that said... I'm all up for speed improvements if you have any tricks up your sleeve Laugh

Ignore me...
I do have slow scrolling in the list related views (as I mentioned earlier) but I thought you ment that once a movie was refreshed only that movie scrolled slowly..
@nowall
Sorry mate forgot that part.
@pat
Yes, i see the slowdown only on list views. It doesn't matter when you've done the refresh... Once it's cashed it slows down. I'll take a look on other skins.
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Butcha, I'll try to install one of the nightly versions tonight and then update the random movie script.

Can't get nightly to run in portable mode beside Dharma on my laptop so I'll just go for a straight nightly install on the laptop and keep Dharma on my HTPC. That way I've got both systems running and check mods are compatible!
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Can't get nightly to run in portable mode beside Dharma on my laptop so I'll just go for a straight nightly install on the laptop and keep Dharma on my HTPC. That way I've got both systems running and check mods are compatible!

Nope. That's not working either!! Hangs instantly.

Need to find a way to get pre-Eden working so I can test a new version of the random movie script (I'll start a separate thread for it though).
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Can't get nightly to run in portable mode beside Dharma on my laptop so I'll just go for a straight nightly install on the laptop and keep Dharma on my HTPC. That way I've got both systems running and check mods are compatible!

I have both installed, nightly in portable mode.
You're running windows?
Butcha, I am finishing the black and orange theme, giving it a more classy look (getting cool now indeed!).
I just have a question: did you change something with the background of the Recently added widget in the home screen?

In 2.04 I managed to make it black and orange and now it keeps black.
But maybe it is cache related, I remember in prior tests that this special part took some time to refresh the background pictures
butchabay Wrote:I have both installed, nightly in portable mode.
You're running windows?

Yup - Windows 7 on a laptop.

Portable mode (with "-p" switch) gives me an error even before XBMC opens!
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Yup - Windows 7 on a laptop.

Portable mode (with "-p" switch) gives me an error even before XBMC opens!

I assume you want say " -p" don't forget the space.
@nowall
Nope, haven't touched the backgrounds. I've tried the silver textures and it's really not bad. With a black and darkgrey font color ...
butchabay Wrote:I assume you want say " -p" don't forget the space.

yeah, got the space. May try completely uninstalling and doing a fresh install.
Made some comparison between dharma and preEden with the same movies.

1. Deleted guisettings.xml in dharma and eden
2. Started xbmc dharma with confluence.
- Scrolling through movie library is a nightmare even with confluence

3. Started xbmc eden
- Scrolling through library is a pleasure

Now i really have a doubt on how is managed the movie database as the difference is visible.

Next steps:

- Delete my userdata folders with cashed thumbs and db entries in dharma and eden

to be continued ...

1. Deleted my userdata folders completely, dharma and eden.
2. Scanned my library with confluence dharma and eden with the movieDB
3. Scrolling through library with confluence on dharma --> still buggy and stuttering
4. Scrolling through library with conflence --> a charm
5. Checked size of userdata folders dharma and eden (17.9 MB dharma) and (17.1 MB eden)

Really have no clue whats's causing this slowdown, but i'm sure it's not cirrus.

Also noticed a great slowdown when notifications and autoupdate of addons are enabled.

Any comments are very welcome.
Black & Orange theme is finished

More previews and files downloadable here

@nowall
Good idea to keep your stuff separate as it's much easier to walk through.
The textures are really nice. Waiting for the silver one Smile
Then i'll have to check how to make the as textures to choose in appearance settings.
Great work and thanx again.
butchabay Wrote:@nowall
Nope, haven't touched the backgrounds. I've tried the silver textures and it's really not bad. With a black and darkgrey font color ...

Ok so I'll have to wait a couple of days until XBMC caches the new textures. It already happened once with 2.04 when I was working on the grid texture (btw aborted, too hard to read text on it). Basically it makes the recently added widget look really cool with the same black&orange gradient.

Anyway I give you here my work on the brushed aluminum where I stopped it. I'm not very convinced by this, but maybe you can do something with it if you want, maybe mixing with the silver one I sent you already (tell me if you need the PSD files)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ghiqqbwoaidss2k