Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I want to force HD videos to play in low resolution. Possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a few movies that will play OK when screen resolution is set to 1024X768(4:3 native for TV screen) and chop and stutter when screen at 1360X768(16x9 native for TV)
When I play these videos with vlc playback is ok. I tried different solutions for fixing poor playback, but it seems it all comes to poor video card ( really old and not well supported with linux) + lots of resources used by XBMC.
So, I want to force these videos to play at resolution lower that that of the screen( i talk about videos 1280xX) I assume my video works ok at 1024 because the video card skips some of the details, while at 1360 it is forced to show all and stuuters.
So I look for a way to make XBMC force lower quality for these HD videos. Is there a way. Other option is reconverting which is quite slow and with questionable results..
Other option might be to maek XBMC free soem system resources, but since I run Xubuntu, I dont know if there is a way to do that.
Any tips,
Changing the XBMC skin to PM3 HD will make things a little bit better, which means my only bus is thw well known OLD HARDWARE one Wink
Best part is that change is well enough to fix things for me Smile