Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: new unwatched overlay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there a condition to achieve an overlay of tv-show posters (or banner or logos) if there is a episode of this series wich is unwatched AND ((added in the last 4 weeks) OR (aired in the last 4 weeks))?

if yes: how would it look like?
if no: is this something worse to implement?
unwatched should be easy, something like:
SrtingCompare(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayUnwatched.png)

date added, doesn't seem possible as xbmc does not store the date in the db when adding videos to the library.

aired should be doable, but you'll need a script to compare the aired date to the current date, i guess.
ronie Wrote:unwatched should be easy, something like:
SrtingCompare(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayUnwatched.png)

date added, doesn't seem possible as xbmc does not store the date in the db when adding videos to the library.

aired should be doable, but you'll need a script to compare the aired date to the current date, i guess.

no date in the dbSad
thought about the script-thing: i guess it would be doable in the same way like the upcoming shows / tv schedule but with a look in the history. since there aren't communitys outside the US providing such infos in a scrapeable manner (haven't found one until yet) i don't feel like it will be a priority to meBlush but perhaps it is an idea someone could catch up.

my thought was to let the tv posters glow in different colors depending on how "new" the unwatched episodes are inside the series Big Grin
vanMiez Wrote:no date in the dbSad

nope, the closest you can get is to compare the selected episode with the 10 available recentlyadded infolabels.
this doesn"t tell you anything on when they where added, but just that they where "recently" added.

vanMiez Wrote:thought about the script-thing: i guess it would be doable in the same way like the upcoming shows / tv schedule but with a look in the history. since there aren't communitys outside the US providing such infos in a scrapeable manner (haven't found one until yet) i don't feel like it will be a priority to meBlush but perhaps it is an idea someone could catch up.

xbmc stores the aired date in the db (use ListItem.Date or ListItem.Premiered), so no need to scrape it.
ronie Wrote:nope, the closest you can get is to compare the selected episode with the 10 available recentlyadded infolabels.
this doesn"t tell you anything on when they where added, but just that they where "recently" added.

ok... could be a start to show the user on show level that there is a new episode inside...

ronie Wrote:xbmc stores the aired date in the db (use ListItem.Date or ListItem.Premiered), so no need to scrape it.

nice... so i have to think about comparing the actual date with these and find a way how to calculate how much time there is in between... hard oneBig Grin but i will play a bit

thanks ronie for much appreciated help