Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV1] Looking for help on getting started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've come across a lot of different guides online and have been reading posts here and wanted to see what kind of configuration people suggest and possibly recommend.

I recently got a 40 GB ATV1 and purchased a CrystalHD card for it seperately. I would love to get this device up and running but wanted to see if anyone would recommend if the hard drive upgrade is worth it, and if so, what size and make/model of a pata drive do you recommend?

Id like to also utilize the USB port, and install an external 2 TB drive using a USB hub, so Im not sure if this is possible or not either, or if its only allows you to use a single external connection.

Finally, Im on a Windows platform, would love to purchase a iMac but that isnt happening anytime soon, so am I able to get my ATV1 working without the use of a MAC or should I try to take it over to a friend-of-a-friends place and try to get it working off his MAC.

Anyhow, if there are any tutorials that perhaps I missed, please PM me or post here, and I would love any feedback at all.

Thanks in advance!Big GrinBig Grin