Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio out of headphone Jack splitting to two channel (Won't work)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running an Acer Respiro 1600 and trying to use the microphone out to go in to little Sony receiver. The receiver only has RCA inputs and no optical inputs (That would make this so easy....).

1 - What settings do I need to put XBMC on to receiver the stereo coming from the Stereo to RCA (R/L)?

2 - Will it down-mix 5.1 sound to two channel sound or will I just get an error message?

Any other suggestions for getting awesome audio?
Bizzump for my audio :-)
Double Bizzumpppp
Bump....
This is basic stuff, check the manual first
Simply change the output device in settings->system->audio

It should populate available devices automatically but if you want a list of devices use aplay -L at the command line
I've really had no major problems with XBMC until now.... I've heard there are issues with audio on the Acer Aspire revo..... its just for the life of me I can't get the audio to come out of the headphone jack in to the little Sony system.

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right....

Do I need to change things in settings with custom audio? Or do I need to log in and do the -L stuff?
Right now I'm trying to remember how to bring up the volume on channels within the system... (Not in settings).... I think I have everything else configured properly...
The solution was going in to the command window and using sudo alsamixer .... I'm sorry... I'm a noob at times. The microphone channel was really low, causing me to think it wasn't working at all.