Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CPU utilization on menus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have several XBMC systems on various platforms and on one particular system with Windows 7 , I noticed that CPU utilization often runs to 98% on menu screens. When playing back DVD or AVI files it is a fraction of that.

Is there a less CPU intesive skin, or some other option?

this is a minimally equipped CPU mm3500 (pc3500) Mobo with VIA C7 CPU at 1.5 Ghz, with Nvidia 8400 GS graphics.
If you are struggling to run skins then you could have a play about with some others that may use less CPU - but I don't think it will make a huge difference.
I wouldn't know which ones use less - perhaps head over to xbmc4xbox as they may have skins for lower powered devices.
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/

But eTip's link still applies.
On ATV2 there is a lag for me using most skins. Some exceptions are: Confluence, MediaStream Redux, Simplicity & XeeBo so you might want to start with those. XeeBo is my favorite & current skin.
Delete. Posted In wrong place!
eTip Wrote:On ATV2 there is a lag for me using most skins. Some exceptions are: Confluence, MediaStream Redux, Simplicity & MeeBo so you might want to start with those. MeeBo is my favorite & current skin.

MeeBo? Don't you mean XeeBo?