Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is it possible to turn off sounds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guy's,

here's todays stupid question from the Wyrm. I would like to stop the startup sound from playing if I have a startup video or music playlist selected to play. Is it possible to use a conditional include in the sound/sound.xml file to select the file to play (or not as the case my be) at startup?

At the moment I have the situation where the startup.wav file plays part way and then the user selected video's sound kicks in and interrupts the startup sound. I can adjust to a limited degree when the video starts up, but either way it is rather off putting. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
don't think so
Jezz_X Wrote:don't think so
Jezz_X,

Thanks mate, tried a couple of things involving conditional includes and got no where, thus the question.

I think I can bodggy something by adding a few seconds of silence to the beginning of the startup.wav file. But if I decided to do something more extensive (listen for the sound of dev's screaming) I would have to write a script to replace the sound.xml file with an alternate sound.xml file.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)