Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cruzan Confluence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cruzan Confluence is a Mod of the default Confluence skin for XBMC 10.1. It is a combination of concepts from many popular skins, i am attempting to mix their great ideas into a skin that should be easy for first time XBMC users to understand and use. Any help with the artwork of the skin will be greatly appreciated. Any help with any area of the skin is also greatly appreciated as this is a hobby of mine and I’m self taught, plus I’ve tried to integrate a couple ideas and scripts and plug-ins from other skins, so if you can help feel free to help! PM me username cruzannavy.

Cruzan Confluence 5.28.11

To Download http://www.mediafire.com/?gxcex9l4kjk55e7

i forgot to mod a line in the setting menu line 3091 in custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml it should be this:
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=bulk,clearart=True,logo=True,showthumb=landscape.jpg,poster=poster.jpg,banner=banner.jpg)</onclick>

I already fixed it for the download link. but if you've already downloaded it, you can either mod this one line or re-download it again

For all Screenshots: http://cruzan.imgur.com/cruzan_confluence#gfaQZ

Fixed the annoying issue of wide banners (wide icons) and posters etc not working right with TV Shows.
TV shows now look for banner.jpg for wide icons and poster.jpg for posters . All TV views now work correctly.
Please read change log for more details. to include how to customize your genre icons, instead of using the ones i supplied Smile no hard feelings Smile
Hey Cruzan, I tried to download your zip file from mediafire and it keeps saying that there was an error and I can't download it. Is anyone else having this problem?
runner1715 Wrote:Hey Cruzan, I tried to download your zip file from mediafire and it keeps saying that there was an error and I can't download it. Is anyone else having this problem?

I just downloaded and extracted the skin and tested and it worked fine? try again. or recommend another file hosting site (free Wink ) and I'll upload it there Wink
Can someone else confirm it to be working or not Smile thanks! i guess im not the right person to confirm since i did upload the file Smile

Alright, I tried it again today and now it let me download it. I guess my computer decided to hate me last night for some reason (I'm not going to admit to user error haha). I'm not going to be able to look at it for a little while though because I'm in grad school right now and should actually be studying and not playing, but oh well. Thanks again man.
If anyone finds any bugs or has any suggestion or thinks of something to add i will be more than happy too ! Confluence is my favorite skin and i enjoy modding it!
Untill just now I also had problems getting the file from Mediafire, maybe a temporary MF error?
Anyway, can't wait to try it out! Wink
@cruzannavy...I stopped following the customizable Confluence thread. On a random whim, I checked back in, and am THRILLED!

I cannot wait to finish downloading your skin and install it. You just made my week!

On a side note..could you include a readme or something? I'm set up with XBMC, but I've had a couple questions/issues.

1. All my wide banners are missing for my TV shows. My movies are fine, but that may be because I have nfo files for them all.
2. How does one set up the TVGuide?
3. Do you have a wiki of some sort which explains all the options in the different menus?
sufreak Wrote:@cruzannavy...I stopped following the customizable Confluence thread. On a random whim, I checked back in, and am THRILLED!

I cannot wait to finish downloading your skin and install it. You just made my week!

On a side note..could you include a readme or something? I'm set up with XBMC, but I've had a couple questions/issues.

1. All my wide banners are missing for my TV shows. My movies are fine, but that may be because I have nfo files for them all.
2. How does one set up the TVGuide?
3. Do you have a wiki of some sort which explains all the options in the different menus?

Answers
One note "in Skin settings-general setting - tv shows i do not have use posters instead of banners selected." i don't know if that would change the views for some, ill check it out in a bit but for now i would suggest leaving it unchecked.
1. make sure you have "banner.jpg" in each show folder and not season.
2. requires you have script "tv show next aired" installed and the home page and tv guide page require you to have logo.png, poster.jpg banner.jpg and fanart.jpg (even thought i think fanart would use your default fanart for your tv show.) in each show folder. ( if you go to skin settings-customisations- script to auto download logos and clear art. - run script) this should download a good deal of the images you need for clear art on pause and tv guide , But i have found that it doesnt always scrape all the images so i use http://fanart.tv/ and http://thetvdb.com/ to find images i want.
and
3. im assuming you mean genre icons? -Added two views for Genres to include Genre icons and fanart. Genre Wall and Genre Lowlist. Note* to add custom genre icons [file type=(PNG)] (/media/genres) to add custom genre fanart [file type=(JPG)] (/media/genres/fanart).

2 and 3. I want to say read the change log. but i will post the change log and add some details.
i think i will add a read me file to the skin which will jsut detail the change log and other stuff i threw in , plus i will add all the questions everyone as, a kinda small wiki/readme
cruzannavy Wrote:Answers
One note "in Skin settings-general setting - tv shows i do not have use posters instead of banners selected." i don't know if that would change the views for some, ill check it out in a bit but for now i would suggest leaving it unchecked.
1. make sure you have "banner.jpg" in each show folder and not season.
2. requires you have script "tv show next aired" installed and the home page and tv guide page require you to have logo.png, poster.jpg banner.jpg and fanart.jpg (even thought i think fanart would use your default fanart for your tv show.) in each show folder. ( if you go to skin settings-customisations- script to auto download logos and clear art. - run script) this should download a good deal of the images you need for clear art on pause and tv guide , But i have found that it doesnt always scrape all the images so i use http://fanart.tv/ and http://thetvdb.com/ to find images i want.
and
3. im assuming you mean genre icons? -Added two views for Genres to include Genre icons and fanart. Genre Wall and Genre Lowlist. Note* to add custom genre icons [file type=(PNG)] (/media/genres) to add custom genre fanart [file type=(JPG)] (/media/genres/fanart).

2 and 3. I want to say read the change log. but i will post the change log and add some details.
i think i will add a read me file to the skin which will jsut detail the change log and other stuff i threw in , plus i will add all the questions everyone as, a kinda small wiki/readme

I don't have a banner.jpg file. I usually let XBMC do a look up against TVDB. I'd like to avoid having to do that for every show, as I don't always keep the folders, (delete after watching).
My system is pretty automated right now, and to add a manual step would just suck to be honest.

Is there a reason I can't continue to use the TVDB look up?
sufreak Wrote:I don't have a banner.jpg file. I usually let XBMC do a look up against TVDB. I'd like to avoid having to do that for every show, as I don't always keep the folders, (delete after watching).
My system is pretty automated right now, and to add a manual step would just suck to be honest.

Is there a reason I can't continue to use the TVDB look up?

Im pretty sure the reason i set the skin to look for banner.jpg was that confluence didnt support by default wide icons and posters in different views at the same time . meaning if you told it to use wide icon for wide icons veiw, when you went to poster view it would use the wide icon and be distorted and vice versa . so to get around that i told it to look for poster where needed and banner where needed.
I understand somepeople delete shows after viewing as do i. but i leave the folder intact, with the images there. and if u do use the script once ( logo download) it will save all the images to their folders and then u wont need to re run it if you only delete the actual avi or mkv instead of the whole folder. I use the TVDB to scrape, but i used the logo download for clearart logo banner poster. and once i liked the images i havent touched them since, i only delete the actual show not the folder. and the script just to clarify will look at your tv shows folder and scrape all the tv shows you currently have, so you dont have to individually do this.

Also there is a way to run the srcipt on startup but i found that , why run it if the images are there already( that is if you dont delete the folder and jsut the actual show) it only returns a result of 100% nothing downloaded since all the images are there. the only time you need to run the script is if you actually delete the show folder with the images or add a new show.
Maybe it sees like a little work but i took the time to get the images i wanted set them there and forgot about them.
Hope this answers your question Huh
Can you clarify on using the logo script? I used it, but it got the clear logos, not the banner ones.

The other issue is if you use another media player. I have poster.jpg in my folders for use with WDTV LIve, so banner.jpg would just add more congestion. But if thats how it is, thats how it is, I'll find a way to make it work?
Crap you are right, i forgot to mod a line in the setting menu line 3091 in custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml should be this:
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=bulk,clearart=True,logo=True,showthumb=landscape.jpg,poster=poster.jpg,banner=banner.jpg)</onclick>

alternatively i have this kinda hidden setup in the submenu of programs as button two. but i just changed it in the skin so future uploads will include it correctly. familiar with editing xml's ? and i solely use xbmc. are you saying WDTV Live shows them as files an the folders look cluttered? and yes this is the way the skin is coded to work.

EDIT :
I just tested the code i posted above with a new blank folder ( i used Hawaii Five-0 ) and it downloaded all the images needed to display all the views correctly. i did notice however after it finished , i had to reload xbmc, quit and restart, for it to find all the images ) but once i did that all of them appeared.
cruzannavy Wrote:Crap you are right, i forgot to mod a line in the setting menu line 3091 in custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml should be this:
Code:

alternatively i have this kinda hidden setup in the submenu of programs as button two. but i just changed it in the skin so future uploads will include it correctly. familiar with editing xml's ? and i solely use xbmc. are you saying WDTV Live shows them as files an the folders look cluttered? and yes this is the way the skin is coded to work.

EDIT :
I just tested the code i posted above with a new blank folder ( i used Hawaii Five-0 ) and it downloaded all the images needed to display all the views correctly. i did notice however after it finished , i had to reload xbmc, quit and restart, for it to find all the images ) but once i did that all of them appeared.

I will try this out today hopefully. My goal would be to have the script run at startup. Long as it didn't take long. Does the file get loaded into a cache, or does XBMC lose it every time it is closed out and reopened. (I'll test that)
You only need to run the script once, and when new shows are added for the first time.
I just tested a theory, i ran the correct script as above. got all the images. restarted xbmc so they were picked up went through the tv shows so i could verfiy all the banners posters clearart logo were correct. i noticed that they were all loaded into cache ( userdata/thumbnail etc...) BUT only after it was atleast viewed once. so xbmc could cache it. so in theory you could download all the images with the script. then go into library and let each show load once so xbmc can create an image for it ( banner fanart etc) and then in theory you can delete it since xbmc will look at its cace folder for the image. now keep in mind clearart and logo wont be auto cached unless it is forced to be show with xbmc. ie clearat on pause ( when you pause) will do it for each show and and the logo view in tv shows the season folder will display the logo for xbmc to cache ( this logo is used for the tvguide aswell) then i suppose you could delete the whole folder and the images will still be found later from the cache.
But like you said a shorter automatic way. this seems like alot of work jsut so you can delete the folder and keep the images in xbmc cache. just my thoughts

on a side note, i guess you dont use tv tunes support ( which is supported in this skin) , because the theme.mp3 is also stored in the show folder that you are talking about deleting.
Pages: 1 2