Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ubuntu 11.04 (natty) lirc resume problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear All

I've XBMC 10.1 running on Ubuntu 11.04. I'm using a mceusb dongle

I've installed lirc and my hramony remote works fine.

The main problem is after the suspend the remote is not able to resume the pc and if I manually do it lirc is not working anymore.

with ubuntu 10.10 the problem was solved usng the following howto:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Automatic_li...ume_script

but it looks like it's not working on 11.04.

I've tried to:

1. stop lirc
2. rmmod --force lirc_dev
3. rmmod --force mceusb
but it looks like I ca't "ERROR resource busy"

Can you help me?

L.
bump
lupick Wrote:bump

no one is using Ubuntu 11.04 with lirc??!?
There have been changes to the way lirc works in 11.04. Mceusb drivers are now in the kernel. Can't help you anymore as I gave up on natty for now, too many complications.
You may just have to enable wake on usb during startup, edit /etc/rc.local

echo "USB0" > /proc/acpi/wakeup

Your usb device might not be on USB0, you can try to use the lsusb command to see which usb port the device is in.

Hope that helps.
bintzu Wrote:You may just have to enable wake on usb during startup, edit /etc/rc.local

echo "USB0" > /proc/acpi/wakeup

Your usb device might not be on USB0, you can try to use the lsusb command to see which usb port the device is in.

Hope that helps.

I've enabled all the USB. with Ubuntu 10.10 I was able to resume lirc; with 11.04 no way...

If I resume the PC with my usb wireless keyboard looks lirc is not working anymore. I have to restart the pc to have it working again.

L.
lupick Wrote:Dear All

I've XBMC 10.1 running on Ubuntu 11.04. I'm using a mceusb dongle

I've installed lirc and my hramony remote works fine.

The main problem is after the suspend the remote is not able to resume the pc and if I manually do it lirc is not working anymore.

with ubuntu 10.10 the problem was solved usng the following howto:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Automatic_li...ume_script

but it looks like it's not working on 11.04.

I've tried to:

1. stop lirc
2. rmmod --force lirc_dev
3. rmmod --force mceusb
but it looks like I ca't "ERROR resource busy"

Can you help me?

L.

In my case (natty /amd64 / amd e-350) the remote is able to enter suspend, and to wakeup.

echo "UHC1" > /proc/acpi/wakeup

(find “UHC1” [could have been: USB1/2/3 etc) by doing: cat /proc/bus/input/devices and looking at the PCI string (in this case, … 0:12.0) and compare it with the output of /proc/acpi/wakeup)

(add the above to /etc/rc.local, before the “exit” line)

cat /proc/acpi/wakeup

The problem I have: after wakeup, the remote dies. Can't find the way to bring it back to life. Upon wakeup, the receiver LED stays on constantly which is weird.

I tried the "sleep" script to shutdown lirc but still not working - in script I modified the rmmod'ed and modprobe'd modules to match what I find doing "lsmod |grep lirc"

rmmod ir_lirc_codec lirc_dev
modprobe ir_lirc_codec lirc_dev

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ubu...end_/_Wake

Anybody using natty /11.04 got the remote working after a suspend/wake cycle?
htpcero Wrote:In my case (natty /amd64 / amd e-350) the remote is able to enter suspend, and to wakeup.

echo "UHC1" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
The problem I have: after wakeup, the remote dies. Can't find the way to bring it back to life. Upon wakeup, the receiver LED stays on constantly which is weird.

I tried the "sleep" script to shutdown lirc but still not working - in script I modified the rmmod'ed and modprobe'd modules to match what I find doing "lsmod |grep lirc"

rmmod ir_lirc_codec lirc_dev
modprobe ir_lirc_codec lirc_dev

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ubu...end_/_Wake

Anybody using natty /11.04 got the remote working after a suspend/wake cycle?

I've the same issue. If I resume it then there is no way to use lirc.

It's a shame cause with natty lirc is very responsive and works really well before the resume!!!

L.
Same here. Nothing after a resume.
darkscout Wrote:Same here. Nothing after a resume.

there is a launchpad bug for this -

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...bug/789819

the more subscription it gets, the more attention of devs it will attract. Not too many subscriptions at the moment though Smile
htpcero Wrote:there is a launchpad bug for this -

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...bug/789819

the more subscription it gets, the more attention of devs it will attract. Not too many subscriptions at the moment though Smile

Problem is, it's a linux kernel bug. I'm using Debian.

Linux htpc 2.6.38-2-amd64 #1 SMP Sun May 8 13:51:57 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Not sure if Ubuntu sends packages upstream or if there are many kernel devs in Ubuntu land.
I've tried to install XBMC 10.1 on Ubuntu 11.04, but xbmc-common won't load clean, and that's at the bottom of a chain of dependencies. It includes like 14 libraries. Any clue how to get that to load? Or did yours just go fine right away?

I was thinking maybe some other package also has the libraries and if I loaded THAT, it would solve the problem.

What "complications" did someone have with 11.04? When I loaded the xbmc-live 10.1 by itself, it didn't recognize the on-board network adapter and I don't think the video either (on Intel DQ670W mobo)

Thanks
netrobot Wrote:I've tried to install XBMC 10.1 on Ubuntu 11.04, but xbmc-common won't load clean, and that's at the bottom of a chain of dependencies. It includes like 14 libraries. Any clue how to get that to load? Or did yours just go fine right away?

This has what to do with LIRC in kernel resume from suspend problems how?
darkscout Wrote:Problem is, it's a linux kernel bug. I'm using Debian.

Linux htpc 2.6.38-2-amd64 #1 SMP Sun May 8 13:51:57 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Not sure if Ubuntu sends packages upstream or if there are many kernel devs in Ubuntu land.

FWIW - I tested kernel 2.6.39-3 (11.04/amd64, from xorg-edgers), the issue is still present.
htpcero Wrote:FWIW - I tested kernel 2.6.39-3 (11.04/amd64, from xorg-edgers), the issue is still present.

Anyone even know where this bug should go? LIRC? Kernel?
Pages: 1 2