Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No trailer icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have movie trailers, and if i click the "i" key, then the symbol is in there & it lets me watch them (in full screen)

However the FAQ says there should be an icon when browsing movies, so i dont need to go into the Info window (via i key):

11. You know, i’m really busy and don’t have time to watch a full movie, can’t i just watch the trailer instead?
Yup, if there’s a trailer available, you notice a special trailer icon in fanart and slide view. Just click it and you’ll be able
to watch the trailer in a preview window.

...however its simply not there. Anyone know why?

Running latest Dharma 10.1, and installed Transparency today, so guessing the latest version of that too.
in fanart view it should be at the top-right of your screen.

if it's missing, check if you haven't disabled it:
Skin Settings > Icons > Movies - Hide trailer icon
Nope it not there, and i dont have it disabled in the settings.
and you're browsing your movies in library mode, right?

can't think of anything else that would cause it not to appear...

maybe a Debug Log and a screenshot might give me some clues.
Yes of course i am using library mode, i been using XBMC for well over a year now.

So if i cant see the icon, is there a key i can press to view the trailer anyway? (without going into the Info window 1st)

Where do i find the debug log?

I just noticed something else odd too. I selected "movies - hide cases" in setting and it did, in every view except Fanart. (Assuming it refers to the grey dvd case like thing that appears around the movie posters)

On a side not, im loving this skin now, wont be going back to my old one even if i cant summon the trailer icon to appear for me.
inv3ntor Wrote:So if i cant see the icon, is there a key i can press to view the trailer anyway?

i don't think so...

inv3ntor Wrote:Where do i find the debug log?
first enable it:
Settings > System > Debugging > Enable debug logging
next, restart xbmc and browse your movies.

you can find the logfile in your userdata folder.

inv3ntor Wrote:I just noticed something else odd too. I selected "movies - hide cases" in setting and it did, in every view except Fanart. (Assuming it refers to the grey dvd case like thing that appears around the movie posters)

yup, i'm aware. it'll be fixed in the next release. :-)
So i added some more trailers tonight, and now the Symbol is showing up for some movies, but not most. (top right hand corner in fanart view) And strangely enough, it has even shown up on at least 1 movie i do not have a trailer for.

However when i press it, xbmc just kinda lags up & does nothing, i have to press the Stop button on my remote to get control back. Although, if i press the "i" key, i can play the trailers from in there still just fine.

Does the filenames of the trailers matter? I generally use this structure:
MovieTitle (year)-trailer.xxx

This is most bizzare, i wish i could get it to work.
If it helps, all mine show up fine, and the files are simply named movie-trailer.mkv. I keep all my movies in separate folders, so that name works just fine. Never had an issue using that.
inv3ntor Wrote:So i added some more trailers tonight, and now the Symbol is showing up for some movies, but not most. (top right hand corner in fanart view) And strangely enough, it has even shown up on at least 1 movie i do not have a trailer for.

However when i press it, xbmc just kinda lags up & does nothing, i have to press the Stop button on my remote to get control back. Although, if i press the "i" key, i can play the trailers from in there still just fine.

Does the filenames of the trailers matter? I generally use this structure:
MovieTitle (year)-trailer.xxx

This is most bizzare, i wish i could get it to work.

Its sounds like you have a mix of trailers that are being streamed and local trailers

If you have added local trailers to movies that were already in your library it will not detect those trailers until you press "i" that's probably why they are not playing properly before you press "i" because up until that point its still using the streamed one which are not always reliable for a number of reasons

You will not get the trailer icon either in views for the same reason XBMC doesn't know they are there until you hit "i"

Edit : Just tried 10.1 and although it will pick up the local trailer when pressing "i" it didn't seem to add it to the db so didn't show outside movie info I had to use "Refresh" first then it showed fine, refresh some of those movies you added trailers to and it should work fine strange XBMC now looks for trailers when pressing "i" but doesn't seem to add them to the db ?
Wow yes, refreshing a movie works! Thanks >>X<<. After i refresh a movie the icon is there, and it works, the trailer pops up in a window!

Although it is going to be a nightmare to refresh every one of my movies, surely there is an easier way to let xbmc know that the trailers are there now?
inv3ntor Wrote:Wow yes, refreshing a movie works! Thanks >>X<<. After i refresh a movie the icon is there, and it works, the trailer pops up in a window!

Although it is going to be a nightmare to refresh every one of my movies, surely there is an easier way to let xbmc know that the trailers are there now?

ok this worked for me with each movie in its own folder but first make a backup of your "Thumbnails" and "Database" folder just in case something goes wrong and you wont lose your library

When you have added all the trailers export your library to a single file NOT separate files then just import that back into XBMC and it should find all your trailers

No need to delete your library just use the import feature to import the exported library
Ok i will try that once i finished adding all the trailers. However i dont have every movie in its own folder..but hopefully will work for me too.

Thanks Smile
I would think it would still work as I tried with both "movie-trailer.ext" and "filename-trailer.ext" and both worked
well that worked a treat, awesome. Thank you alot.

It actually froze up 92% importing, so i closed xbmc & it seems to have done most of them so im happy, will try it again for the rest later.
You can always do it again anyway if you wanted to Smile