Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Editing the Music Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is probably a daft question, but I genuinely did search around the past two hours and I can't find a decent solution (probably missing the obvious one).

I scanned my music library in. It's very cool and I'm pleased.

However, a handful of items didn't "import" right, primarily because the ID3 tags probably were slightly different.

One example is Bjork. She comes up as two artists, as some of the tags had a different "o". I'd like to merge these without having to remove and re-scan (not that I'd know how to at this point...)

Is there any way I can easily make adjustments to the library? Such as maybe tweaking a genre or whatnot?

Many thanks!
I guess you could make changes directly to the database to get all the bjork tracks appearing as one artist but IMO this would be more difficult than retagging the offending files and rescanning.

Quote:I'd like to merge these without having to remove and re-scan (not that I'd know how to at this point...)
You don't know how to retag or how to rescan?

Retagging is easy - heaps of programs available to do that depending on what platform you use.
Rescanning is pretty easy too. Change the tags in a separate program, start XBMC and then select music and bring up the context menu ('c' on a keyboard) and select 'update library'. I think that clears the modified entries as well, but if not you can do a clean library from Settings | Music | Clean Library
rocketpants Wrote:Retagging is easy - heaps of programs available to do that depending on what platform you use.
Thanks for your help! Would you have a Win7 programme with a small footprint to recommend? I think I'll go that route!
I've always been fond of mp3tag, myself.
fional Wrote:Thanks for your help! Would you have a Win7 programme with a small footprint to recommend? I think I'll go that route!

I use tag&rename which is not free but has a trial version. I like it as it can grab tags from the file name as well as renaming files and editing the tags.

I've tried mp3tag as well and it pretty good
rocketpants Wrote:I use tag&rename which is not free but has a trial version. I like it as it can grab tags from the file name as well as renaming files and editing the tags.

I've tried mp3tag as well and it pretty good

eriqjaffe Wrote:I've always been fond of mp3tag, myself.

Many thanks, going to give both of them a try and will tinker about this weekend! Smile