Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Can Not Play Video - Assume HD3200 Problem issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I promised I've tried to do my fair share of reaearch into this but as a novice I'm sure I'm missing something simple and the Mrs. is far from impressed on the amount of time I've spent on this.

I had XBMC running through windows 7 no problems, but in my pursuit to make a "set-top" like box I've been trying to xbmc-live runnig on my htpc. Which is a Phenom 9550 Quad Core with 4GB of RAM with an intergrated radeon HD3200. I'm running the lastest distro from the main site, think it's called 10.1 dharma installed to a 16GB flash disk.

I encountered a number of problems which I think I've solved but the biggest and fundamental problem is I can not play any video files. When trying to play video either loads for a second and the I very breifly see a little box/x in the centre of the screen then exists to the home screen or just returns straight to wall. From investigating it seems that these cards may need updated drivers, but I am lost to updating ATI drivers, seems as though follows a different process to that of Nvidia cards? An most infomation seems quite dated, a lot of people said it's just not compatable, but I have seen posts of people who have had stuttering video from the card from couple of years back, so I assumethere must be a way of getting the card to work?

Sorry for the poorly written post, I'm knackered! Any help really appreciated, thank you.