Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [APPLETV2] How to disable subtitles? OSD using Apple Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can i disable subtitles using the apple remote. I am on build 4.3 and using skin Night. I read you have to do it while the video is playing but i cant find the combo with this remote to get the OSD.
Press and hold the centre button whilst the video is playing. The video osd will appear. Move curson to video setting icon and click it, then click on enable/disable subtitles.
Thank you activate!!
activate Wrote:Press and hold the centre button whilst the video is playing. The video osd will appear. Move curson to video setting icon and click it, then click on enable/disable subtitles.

Is there any way to permanently disable subtitles from displaying unless specifically selected? I hate having to manually disable subtitles for every single movie I play. I would much rather have them disabled by default.
in where you disable subs, there's a setting at bottom to apply to all. select that.
I've had problems with subs too and the above fixes did not work. Since i never use subs what i did instead (on the default skin) was just move the subs position down out of the frame so i am sure they are still being displayed but i just can't see them Smile

not a real solution i know but might help some people
dizzyikea Wrote:I've had problems with subs too and the above fixes did not work. Since i never use subs what i did instead (on the default skin) was just move the subs position down out of the frame so i am sure they are still being displayed but i just can't see them Smile

not a real solution i know but might help some people

That's just silly, use the OSD, go to audio, scroll down, turn off subs, scroll ALL the way down, set apply to all, select ok in dialog box.

If that's too much effort, edit guisettings.xml and turn them off there.
davilla Wrote:That's just silly, use the OSD, go to audio, scroll down, turn off subs, scroll ALL the way down, set apply to all, select ok in dialog box.

If that's too much effort, edit guisettings.xml and turn them off there.

That's actually what I ended up doing. I was trying to fix the audio issue I was having and noticed a subs section in the xml. I changed it to false and presto! All subs disabled Smile
zomg !!! been looking for this
i love my jb appletv 2
it gets better and better and better