Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV2] How to enable AFP or link a TimeCapsule (iOS 4.2.2) ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I would like to use my Time Capsule as "External Disk" to my Apple TV 2. How can I achieve that? I try to follow this tutorial but I get errors when running the script
Code:
sudo sh afpinstall.sh

I'm googling for two days and can't find anything interesting and I don't want to buy aTV black that support AFP I prefer XMBC Big Grin!

So how can I enable AFP or link my Time Capsule?

Thanks!
John
read that wiki again, it's for atv1 not the atv2.
Oopps Blush

But is it possible to install AFP on 4.2.2? I would like to mount an OS X share with mount -t afp and then add the source to XMBC..
no, it's not possible to mount remote shares of any type (smb, afp, etc) under ios.
Finally I found a solution, I add the Time Capsule SMB share with XMBC (I added the Videos Source with the XMBC user interface) and this works great.

My ATV2 is jailbroken with seas0npass.. So SMB is supported..
johndo Wrote:Finally I found a solution, I add the Time Capsule SMB share with XBMC (I added the Videos Source with the XBMC user interface) and this works great.

My ATV2 is jailbroken with seas0npass.. So SMB is supported..

No, that's a different thing than mounting a remote share into the ios file system. XBMC is use an internal smbclient to access remote shares, they never appear into the ios file system.
So now I understand the difference..

XMBC rocks!

THX!