Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aspect Ratio Changes Mid Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When watching TV Shows, that may change aspect ratio, for whatever reason, like Commercials that are 4:3 instead of 16:9, or credits, where 90% of the screen is black and the credits scroll up the middle, I find the XBMC player to randomly zoom in, zoom out, change aspect ratio's etc...

Is this XBMC doing this or my TV? My TV does not do that with my cable box.

My XBMC box is hooked up via HDMI and I am running Dharma.

Any suggestions?
What TV and what is the aspect ratio set to?
it's definitely the tv, there's no such autozoom feature in xbmc.
spiff Wrote:it's definitely the tv, there's no such autozoom feature in xbmc.

It's definitely not the tv. I have the same problem. I've noticed it on the credits sequence of about 5 movies now. It has never happened with movies played from a DVD or blu ray or on tv. If you enable the OSD you can see that only the video content is zooming (and sometimes being cropped) underneath. There's no way the tv could do this. I think it only happens when the "crop black bars" setting is enabled in combination with one of the zoom modes.
I would POINT to cptspiff signature, this is no way to post problems. I would also agree with the lasts statement about the cropblack bars but then again read how to post problems.
nvm.