Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shows stopped updating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use Sickbeard / SABNZDB to rename and organise my TV Shows. ALL shows are named correctly and are up to date.

My shows have stopped updating in the XBMC library.

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/8ZPjxyVf

The log file seems to not recognize that there are new files in there.
For example, I have the whole season of American Idol available, but the last 6 episodes are not in the library. They are named in the same as the others that are showing fine.

Any ideas ?
missing part of the pastebin url
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:missing part of the pastebin url

sorry http://pastebin.com/CjF7NQs3
this is a clean ie new library correct? From what I can tell the scan is skipping over alot of stuff because it sees no changes. One fix may be to clean out everything and delete your library and start from scratch.
I will try that. But this is a brand newly installed instance of XBMC.

I tried to delete all the .nfo and srv. No effect.
OK... I fixed it !!!

I am going to write up a web page on "What NOT to do in setting up XBMC".

Solution:
I store my movies on a drive called "Movies"
- I have a sub directory called "Adult" (as opposed to "Kids") and a directory called "Kids".

I store my shows on a drive called "Shows".

BUT, within the Shows drive I also have a directory called "Shows" (I don't recall whether this was shared).

Upon a hunch, I changed the name of the Shows directory to "TV".
BLAMMMMMMM !!!!! Fixed.

So lesson learnt, don't name your directory, the same as the drive name.... somehow this confuses the library / windows.

I hope that someone learns from my mistake.
glad you got things worked out
Worthwhile to note, that it got fixed because folders got re-hashed due to the folder renaming and that'ce forced everything detected as new.

So it's not because the folder name can't be the same as the drive name.

There is some underlying issue (potential bug) that under certain circumtances episodes get marked as scraped while they are not, but no one could identified yet how to reproduce this.
Hudson - things a bunch for all your help on this.

Olympia - that did occur to me. I will keep my eyes open for anyone having a similar problem and recommend a name change.