Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Noob here...help?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,
I purchased a new appleTV2 with high expectations only to be let down that it would only airplay from Apple approved programs and limits me to Netflix and youtube. I did a little research, figured out how to jailbrake the ATV2, install NitoTV and XBMC however I am stuck.

Here are my questions:
1. I know RSS feeds are used for blogs, websites, etc...from my research I am unclear if I can import these into XBMC and stream video content?
2. I have read conflicting articles about plug-ins to watch movies and television. Is there a way to add a plugin on my XBMC that will allow me to stream video content from HGTV, WB, ABC?

You help is much appreciated.
To play streams you normally just create an strm file. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...io_streams for details.

There are some sites, e.g. Youtube, that don't lend themselves to the strm file method, and for some of these sites people have written add-ons. However each site needs it's own add-on writing. A quick scan of the add-ons suggests that there is an add-on for HGTV (look for Home and Garden TV in the Video add-ons) but I can't see any add-ons for ABC or WB.

JR