Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart playlist question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to create a smart playlist (of type episodes) which will list only unwatched episodes of selected tv shows.

First I create a playlist with the desired shows. This works as expected:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>Favorite Shows</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">10 Items Or Less</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Berry &amp; Fulcher&apos;s Snuff Box</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Then I create a second playlist to match all episodes which match the first playlist and have a playcount < 1.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>Unwatched Episodes</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playlist" operator="is">Favorite Shows.xsp</rule>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="lessthan">1</rule>
</smartplaylist>

This is where things go wrong. The second playlist contains every episode of every TV show in the library.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Hello,

A couple things that you can try.

First, you need to remove ".xsp" suffix on your included playlist "Favorite Shows.xsp" within your 2nd playlist so that it looks like "Favorite Shows", (without the quotes). For some reason, XBMC doesn't like the .xsp included inside of a playlist.

Second thing to try, Change the first playlist type from "TVshows" to "episodes" as well.

That should get you going in the right direction.
PLease let me know if it works for you.

Mark
Thank you! Removing the .xsp and changing the first playlist to Episodes fixed it.

You have no idea how long I've been fiddling with that.... Smile
I would like something similar, except I want the playlist to show only the next unwatched episode of my selected TV shows - one episode from each show basically.

I can't find a way to do this, because the second playlist does not respect the result number limit from the first show. Is there plugin I can use for this perhaps?
Try TVTime. It can do what you want.

Mark