Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ProgressBar help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Can someone please explain to me why my progress bar is displaying like this:

My code is:
Code:
<control type="progress">
  <posx>0</posx>
  <posy>0</posy>
  <width>1280</width>
  <height>180</height>
  <info>Player.Progress</info>
  <texturebg>black-back.png</texturebg>
  <lefttexture>-</lefttexture>
  <midtexture>elpprog.png</midtexture>
  <righttexture>-</righttexture>
  <overlaytexture>-</overlaytexture>
</control>

The idea is that the whole black bar behind the Now Playing info should be a progress bar.

The black background is displaying in the correct location, with the correct dimensions but why is the progress bar not in the same place?

FYI the middtexture is (currently, for testing purposes) a solid grey bar that is 10x180 pixels (i.e. the same height as the background).

For what it's worth I also commented out the default progress bar settings in the skin (cirrus.extended).

Any help greatly appreciated.
Maybe you should try with a different colordiffuse for the progress bar, what if you comment out the black now playing background? You still don't see the progressbar?
Ha - hi Butcha!

Removing black background didn't help much (but did move the bar up):

Surely the background should not affect things drawn on top of it, otherwise it's not a background!

I don't understand why the bar doesn't draw from the top of the control.
Is the progressbar in the same group? If not you'll have different position. Now you have position 0 for x and y, try -100 for y position and see if the bar is higher.
Yes, it's in the same group so I shouldn't need to adjust posx and posy. This is true because the <texturebg> displays in the right place.

This has got me really confused!
No idea why, but removing the texturbg and setting posy to -90 worked.

It's a crude fix, and I'm not really happy to do it like that, but hey, it works.
What were the dimension of the background texture?
Ah - you may have something there.

texturebg was 64x64.
texturemid was 10x180.

In the hack above I removed bg and had a separate image control drawing the background.

But then, if I removed the background why would the bar start 90pixels lower?
Have you checked the defaults.xml to see if there's any conflicts between your progress control and the default one?
Yes, I commented out the default control and tried it. No joy.

I haven't had a chance to try with similar sized textures to see if it's that, but I'm not convinced given that there was an issue with no bg.