Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Porting database won't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi .. I have a really well maintained db on one xbmc machine that I need to port to another machine. What I did was .. export database as separate files. Then I go to the other machine and rescrape. My expectation was that the xbmc-generated .nfo files will be used and no internet-scraping will take place.

The priority should be:

1. movie.nfo
2. <filmdateiname>.nfo
3. Internet

Regrettably it fails. No way around rescraping as it seems.
I am using the release version of Dharma.

Could anyone please help me .. I really don't want to start pampering my db from scratch.

BTW .. I couldn't just port the db file since the source folders have changed.
That's exactly how it works.

* movie.nfo (aka the lazy) will be used on folder-based layouts.
* <moviename>.nfo for a unique match. works for both, file and folder-based layouts

What happened on rescraping the collection on the other XBMC installation?
vdrfan Wrote:That's exactly how it works.

* movie.nfo (aka the lazy) will be used on folder-based layouts.
* <moviename>.nfo for a unique match. works for both, file and folder-based layouts

What happened on rescraping the collection on the other XBMC installation?

It rescrapes everything from the internet. So now I have folders that don't appear in the library. If I go to directory mode and I select film information I the to enter a "better" filename. Though there is a perfect .nfo in that folder.

If tell xbmc to rescrape that folder it simply doesn't find anything for that movie.

I scrape only folder names. The names of the movie files are different to the folder name .. but that shouldn't matter as long as the .nfo has the same prefix (file name) as the e.g. .avi

I hope what I wrote is clear.
Hmz, please enabled debug logging and pastebin the entire log showing the rescrape session.
vdrfan Wrote:Hmz, please enabled debug logging and pastebin the entire log showing the rescrape session.

Gladly .. I just have to find out how this works first. I think it's something I can enable in advancedsettings.xml .. this will take me a few minutes .. don't run away :-)
No as.xml needed. You can enable debug logging in system settings.
vdrfan Wrote:No as.xml needed. You can enable debug logging in system settings.

You hava a PM with the link. Pls. confirm.
Please use pastebin.com or any other similar site to post the .nfo file.
Solved: XBMC 10.1 Dharma required default scraper TMDB to be present.