Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Use DTS if present, otherwise default to AC3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All
I've just upgraded my receiver to a model that supports DTS audio.

I always knew that this day would come, so, when making my MKV files in handbrake I would always include the DTS passthrough audio as track 2 if the DVD had a DTS track.
Track 1 of every MKV is AC3 Passthrough.

My question is; Can I setup XBMC such that, if the MKV contains a DTS track to use it, otherwise use the AC3 track?
( I know I can change the audio setting on every movie individually, but am hoping there is an easier way)

Thanks
Declan
In SYSTEM>SETTING>AUDIO OUTPUT change the settings there making sure you have AC3 Capable receiver and DTS capable receive checked as well as your output devices correctly marked.
That should do it.
I've got those options checked and can play DTS audio just fine. That wasn't my question.

Is there a way to have XBMC auto select the DTS track if one is present?
What happens when you select the dts track in audio settings (osd) and select set default for all videos. I'm not sure it will work but it's worth a shot.

cheers
Quote:What happens when you select the dts track in audio settings (osd) and select set default for all videos. I'm not sure it will work but it's worth a shot.

This used to work in older versions of XBMC (like last year) - but no longer works in the newest version or the nightlies.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10907
Well - Looks like they aren't going to fix this the way we think they would - by restoring that setting.