Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Does cleanonupdate work with 10.1 Dharma?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have added the cleanonupdate bit to my advancedsettings file and yet it doesn't seem to do anything.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
        <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
    </videolibrary>
    <videoextensions>
                <add>.html</add>
    </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

I have enabled update library on startup, and verified that it does indeed update by adding a movie and xbmc picks it up and adds it to the library. However, when I remove a movie via deletion at my server (not through xbmc), and reboot xbmc it does NOT remove the movie from the library.

There is no error reported in my log file relating to cleanonupdate.

If I manually clean the library it works just fine and removes the movie.

Any ideas or is this a known issue?

Thanks!
I too would like to know this. I am trying to get "cleanonupdate" to work, and it does nothing.

I have tried this with and without the "videolibrary" section.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
        <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Both of your configs look fine, so I'm not sure what's going on with your installs since cleanonupdate definitely works in 10.1.

Can you post debug logs? The media scanner is probably choking somewhere silently.
Is your advancedsettings.xml appearing in your log with those entries if not maybe you have it in the wrong place ?
Doesn't work for me either. Using Windows version.

EDIT: I think I solved my issue. I had placed the advancedsettings.xml in Program Files. Now I'm just using the one in Program Data and it seems to be working.