Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: My Play button changes after the Milkdrop screen saver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone else had this issue? I play some music, an MP3, and after my set time of 1 minute my screen saver comes on and it's the Milkdrop preset. After this my Play button doesn't work anymore.

Right after I start my MP3 I can press Fast Forward then Play just fine. But right after the screen saver kicks in I can't anymore, when I press Play the Milkdrop preset menu pops up. I have to press Pause in order to stop the FF.

Anyone know what's going on with this? Is the Milkdrop preset breaking something?

I'm using the Windows Dharma 10.1 release.
So everyone's play button works perfectly for music even after the screen saver kicks in but me?
When a visualisation is active the P key on the keyboard opens the visualisation presets. As soon as the visualisation closes the P key goes back to Play. You don't say what remote you're using, but I'd guess it's been configured to send a P keypress when you press the Play button, hence the effect you're seeing. A fix would be to configure the remote to send ctrl-shift-P instead as this also means Play, and the visualisation doesn't remap this keystroke.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:When a visualization is active the P key on the keyboard opens the visualization presets. As soon as the visualization closes the P key goes back to Play. You don't say what remote you're using, but I'd guess it's been configured to send a P key press when you press the Play button, hence the effect you're seeing. A fix would be to configure the remote to send ctr-shift-P instead as this also means Play, and the visualization doesn't remap this keystroke.

JR
Cool, thanks. That did the trick! Nod
jhsrennie Wrote:When a visualisation is active the P key on the keyboard opens the visualisation presets. As soon as the visualisation closes the P key goes back to Play. You don't say what remote you're using, but I'd guess it's been configured to send a P keypress when you press the Play button, hence the effect you're seeing. A fix would be to configure the remote to send ctrl-shift-P instead as this also means Play, and the visualisation doesn't remap this keystroke.

JR
I like the "ctrl-shift-p" better. Because when the screen saver is active (when it dims) while paused watching a movie, and when I use the "P" remote key I have to press it twice for it to play. The first time gets it out of "dim mode", and the second continues the play. But with the "ctrl-shift-p" remote key, the video plays instantly even if it's in the screen saver "dim mode". Kind of strange.

Also for note, I'm using a Logitech Harmony One remote and the iMon software using the Antec Fusion case. Was simple to go into the iMon Manager and change the key assignment.
Skram0 Wrote:I like the "ctrl-shift-p" better. Because when the screen saver is active (when it dims) while paused watching a movie, and when I use the "P" remote key I have to press it twice for it to play. The first time gets it out of "dim mode", and the second continues the play. But with the "ctrl-shift-p" remote key, the video plays instantly even if it's in the screen saver "dim mode". Kind of strange.

Not strange at all :-)

XBMC recognises the shift key as a keystroke and shift will disable the screensaver. So when you press ctrl-shift-P XBMC sees two keypresses, first ctrl-shift then ctrl-shift-P. The first keypress, ctrl-shift, disables the screensaver so the second keypress, ctrl-shift-P, is actioned.

The more attentive readers may be wondering why the ctrl keypress doesn't disable the screensaver in the same way as the shift keypress. This is what we in the trade refer to as an unintended side effect :-)

JR