Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: lattest on linux blu-ray iso support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the only thing that is making me not go to linux is the blu-ray iso issue. While I have converted my blu-ray movies to mkv format I would also like to have iso so it acts like a blu-ray player.
I should also say encryption is removed using anydvdhd
any word on iso support?

even mounting it would work if there is a player out there.
As long as the BluRay is unprotected it should work.. It will only play the movie(no menus)
I play bluray iso's that I keep on my NAS. You have all the tools. Same things I used. Slysoft yourself an iso image and play it back in xbmc. I too wish they had a linux version however the closest thing I have found is a makemkv plugin that will transcode that protected disk in the optical drive to an mkv file and play it back as it is ripping. IE a small amount of buffer time that can be set in the xbmc gui on the plugin settings page of the makemkv plugin.

This is actually turning in to the preferred method as some of these recent blurays have segmented and randomized m2ts files. It may take over a hundred m2ts files in non sequential order to make one movie. In iso form that would be hard to watch. Makemkv seems work in these instances.
BluRay Plugin for XBMC

you need MakeMKV installed for it to work.

Jerry
You can play .iso blu-ray now. You need to be using one of the post 10.1 builds and have installed libbluray. After that works like a charm (its modeled after the boxee system). I have 20 or so blu ray .iso and only have had problems with 2 (alien and aliens from the same box set). The chapter markers are preserved and it reads the index so it will play the movie in the correct order, but if you have different versions (directors cut and theatrical on same disk) it will pick one (based on my experience it will be the longer one)

see page 7 of this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...iso&page=7

and this discusion
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=695648

obviously the copy protection needs to be removed

M