Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Random crash with XBMC + Nvidia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I everyone,

I have some randomly crashes when I try to play MKV files. The problem appears randomly, because sometimes XBMC plays the movie corretly, but sometimes with the same movie XBMC crashes....

y GPU is Nvidia GTX460 with latest drivers installed (270.41.19) and Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS 32 bits and XBMC 10.1.

This is full log: http://pastebin.com/QV8E5vJe

Where is the problemHuh

Thanks in advance,

Regards.
Ok, after some tests XBMC crashes when "adjust refresh rate.." is activated....

any ideas to fix this?Sad
It's a known issue on 64 bit, first time I've seen it on 32 bit though.
There's no known fix.
If you switched that of would that make any difference??
I get this all the time on 32 bit. I have posted about it before. Does anyone even know if it is a vdpau/nvidia bug or an xbmc one?
bobo1on1 Wrote:It's a known issue on 64 bit, first time I've seen it on 32 bit though.
There's no known fix.

I'm running XBMC on Ubuntu 32 bits... Sad

What distro and drivers are you using?

Thanks!
I am using 10.10 (32bit) with a GTX 460 with zero issues

its pretty vanilla setup but i did remove pluseaudio after re-configuring alsa for hdmi output.

how have you configured your sound?
How I remove pulseaudio?

My sound is configured with analog output 5.1 and its correctly..
You can remove it completely with "sudo apt-get remove pulseaudio".
I don't have pulse audio, so I doubt there is any relationship. I have not had too much chance to look into it yet as I had hoped someone was already working on it...but there is no evidence that there is. Do we even know if it is the X-server, or xbmc that crashes?
An april xbmc git revision doesn't crash in my enviroment (nvidia vdpau + ubuntu maverick 10.10 64bit). http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=796...stcount=10

In the past I tried 32bit version but with this kind of bug still present, not so often like the 64bit, but still present.
More information needed. Please pastebin the FULL crashlog and tell us about how to reproduce it (if possible).
At the moment I'm at office, I will do this evening. If you think that can be helpful, I can pastebin two xbmc.log while playing a same video file (any of 720 24p mkv tv show for example): one without crash (april git) and one with the crash (after april git).
vdrfan Wrote:More information needed. Please pastebin the FULL crashlog and tell us about how to reproduce it (if possible).

The crashlog never seems to show anything useful for this issue. It is intermittent and yet sometimes very frequent - often with certain files being more likely to cause it to happen. The crash occurs generally within a short period of playing the file but sometimes it has got a couple of seconds of playtime in. Some of the crashes (not all) give a corrupt double linked list error to the terminal it is started from (if started that way). Beyond that I myself have not gone much further in debugging since I am mostly not using my xbmc environment for daily use yet - thus it has not had the chance to really annoy yet.
Here is the full crashlog: http://pastebin.com/XDrBfgr5
Pages: 1 2 3