Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] Horizontal Confluence Modded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
I'm liking the Eden confluence alot, and this mod makes it even better!

2 small questions and a little request:

1. In the standard confluence there is a little bit of text that shows up at the bottom right when browing music/tv shows/movies etc that says how many items are available and page xx/yy. This doesn't seem to be enabled in the mod and I can't see a way of toggling it back on

2. This may be a bug in XBMC itself (seems to affect all skins I've tried) but the library stats for music display OK on the home page, but video doesn't display anything.

It would be great to have little thumbnails of album covers when you're in LIST view in music library mode and browsing an artist. Not a deal breaker though. Also playlists as submenu's would be awesome, but I believe other people have already asked about that.

Really like the extra functions you've added to the skin Big Grin
@chunk:
You're no pain in the ads man...it's great to have people around here that come up with cool ideas and bug reports...in that way I'm not the only one who is pushing this skin forward Wink
Do you have a github account? Then you might use it's issue tracking system and might contribute some fixes and enhancements Wink

@Andrewuk:
Will have a look into your requests tomorrow...currently only online with my HTC Wink
Hello,

Congratulations, Max, for your good work and useful ideas about the Confluence skin Smile

I was searching a skin where it would be easy to add a new item to Home menu (example: "TV")
My idea was to access rapidly to the stream links of DVB-T channels of my networked tuner HDHomerun
Nb: These stream links allow perfect TV playing by XBMC, when called from inside any folder added as new Video source, in VIDEO zone of Home menu

Your Mod skin allows adding a new item to Home menu Smile

But...I have this problem:
I installed the mod confluence skin on a W7 PC and on a XP PC (XBMC Windows eden beta1, then beta2)
I created an local folder named "/TV/",
Then put inside /TV/ some videos tests, and my .Strm HDhomerun DVB-T links
Then set /TV/ as new Video source from VIDEO
Then set /TV/ as favorite by right click on it

On the PC1:
Menu - System - Skin - Advanced mod settings - Home customize - Custom home items -
Custom favorite : Enabled
Label = TV
Pfad (= Path): I choose the /TV/ folder, found in the list of favorites

In Pfad zone, there is immediately the Window set: ActivateWindow(10025:".. \TV\",return)

Result:
in Home Menu : new "TV" item is OK : -> Clicking on it -> a Window opens but is....empty

On the PC2:
at "Pfad" choice : Favorites list empty and.. Error message : "Script failed - Script.Favourites"

Nb : on the PC1 and PC2, the Mod.confluence skin has been installed from repo so, I presume, with the same dependencies..

Any Idea ?

Thanks Smile
mad-max Wrote:This is a bit weird...will look into this later on...
Hello,

On my ZBOX 1D10 (Openelec eden fusion i386, 18jan), it works PERFECTLY ! Smile

From the new "TV" item added in Confluence-MOD Home menu, I can access immediately to the DVB-T stream links present in /TV Shows/ Openelec folder, previously set as favorite from "VIDEO" menu

Now, problem only on XBMC Windows ;-)
CONGRATS on getting it sorted jean max
i find it funny how identical setups dont always run the same
i have xbmc setup on my pc hooked up to my hdtv and another xbmc on the mrs laptop which is setup EXACTLY the same as mine, on both i installed weather plus and configured them EXACTLY the same yet on hers the map of north europe works but on mine it does not Eek

paul

EDITED:
max just found another little bug with "currently watching" for tv shows.
if you have disabled auto submenu dropdown (like i did as soon as i installed skin) then currently watched just shows 2 blank boxes even in 1.0.5but if you activate the submenu either manually or enable auto dropdown then currently watching displays correctly
chunk1982 Wrote:...if you activate the submenu either manually or enable auto dropdown then currently watching displays correctly
Can you explain me more details about this process to obtain on XBMC Windows the files or links in the window called by the new created item of Home menu ?

Thanks Smile
jean-max Wrote:can you explain me more details about this process to obtain on xbmc windows the files or links in the window called by the new created item of home menu ?

Thanks Smile

system>skin>advanced mod settings>home/customize home>disable auto slide out of submenus
Since TMDB has updated their scraper so allow moviesets I tried to use my XBMC without an external scraper.
I deleted all nfos and such from Oceans 11, 12 and 13. The problem is that XBMC puts them in the wrong order.

Then I remember in movie info ther is a button named "DB-Editor" but when I press it it does nothing. Of course, its probably linked to an add-on I don't have but nowhere in this thread is this add-on written about.

What is this add-on? where do I get it?
And most importantly, can I add the information <sorttitle>?
chunk1982 Wrote:system>skin>advanced mod settings>home/customize home>disable auto slide out of submenus
Thanks Smile
I disabled this setting in XBMC eden beta2 Windows + Confluence-Mod
The Windows is empty :o

The setup is exactly the same as on my Zbox AD10 (Openelec eden fusion i386) and.. it works perfectly

Linux versus Windows ?
Jean-Max Wrote:Thanks Smile
I disabled this setting in XBMC eden beta2 Windows + Confluence-Mod
The Windows is empty :o

The setup is exactly the same as on my Zbox AD10 (Openelec eden fusion i386) and.. it works perfectly

Linux versus Windows ?

dont forget windows os is the biggest virus known to man Nod
its just some people like me dont know their ass from their elbow when it comes to linux Sad No
Thizizmyname Wrote:Since TMDB has updated their scraper so allow moviesets I tried to use my XBMC without an external scraper.
I deleted all nfos and such from Oceans 11, 12 and 13. The problem is that XBMC puts them in the wrong order.

Then I remember in movie info ther is a button named "DB-Editor" but when I press it it does nothing. Of course, its probably linked to an add-on I don't have but nowhere in this thread is this add-on written about.

What is this add-on? where do I get it?
And most importantly, can I add the information <sorttitle>?

The Addon is in the scripts directory of the skin...you need to copy it to your addons...

BTW: will be offline the next days due to some business conference...
Now Paul is in charge ;-)

mad-max
Firstly I am sooo glad Mod confluence is back for eden, I'm taking the bold step of upgrading to eden beta 2 tonight with mod confluence.

I see that custom home menu buttons are included..fantastic.... I try to keep my set up pretty simple and clean.. for the wifes easy use.. Is it posssible in the custom home menu button to use this to switch to my sons profile!!
this would be perfect for me.... we use our iphones as a mouse to control and although I have set up [b] in keyboard to switch profile,a simple menu button would be perfect.. any advice on if it can be done or is implimented or is impossible..
Dont really want to run extra programmes in the background as my system is working perfect now and don't want to jinx it.

Thanks again!!! without experts and enthusiasts like you, numptys like me would still be using dvd's. lolLaugh
Hey rugbymad,

thanks for the nice words...good to hear you like it...

regarding the profile button:
you can c&p the following code into the list of menu items in home.xml, starting at line 1169...so it is after the settings...

Code:
<item id="12345">
    <label>Kinderecke</label>
    <onclick>LoadProfile(profilename,['prompt']) </onclick>
    <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/settings.jpg</icon>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Settings_Folder)]</thumb>
</item>

Only thing you have to do is to change "profilename" to the appropriate name...

cheers from Frankfurt (Main) to the south ;-)

mad-max
Thx Max, I'll let you know how it goes..

i think i am missing something obvious... i clicked the link to download but cant see confluence mod, only extra fanart fiile.. am i being stupid?

Where do i get this...?

ignore.. managed to find it!
Hi Max now i am stuck!!

I have a fresh install of xbmc and con mod .. i went to here. C:\Users\Steph\AppData\Roaming\XBMC to find home.xml but tno file.. i did a search for it and still no file.. any suggestions.

thx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46