Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC on Mac Mini problem streaming avi files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Okay, this may be a total noob question and for that I apologize. Here's my setup and issue.

I have two Mac Mini's and one MBP in the house that I'm trying to share media between. One Mini is a 1.5Ghz PPC, the other is an Intel. The MBP is obviously an Intel. The Intel Mini is functioning as my media server as it's hooked up to the main tv room tv and has an external 500gb HD connected loaded up with movies, tv, etc. Intel Mini is running latest updated of Snow Leopard (10.6).

The G4 Mini is hooked up to the living room tv. G4 Mini is running latest update of Leopard (10.5)

The MBP is my office. MBP is running latest update of Snow Leopard (10.6).

My computers are networked using an Apple Airport Extreme (the new square one) running latest firmware and using WPA encryption.

I have enabled SMB on all computers.

XBMC on both the G4 Mini and the MBP can see my external drive and I can add the movie and/or tv file source to the library. However, when I attempt to play any of these files after an interminably long time "working" I get an error message saying the video failed to play and to check the error log.

I did check the error log which tells me "could not find codec parameters" for the files. I have attempted a number of different files on both the MBP and the G4 Mini and they all come back with the same error.

When I attempt to play an AVI file stored on a local external HD from the G4 Mini, I get no such error and video playback is fine.

This is my first time working XBMC and I've tried to google the issue and haven't come back with any info. I'd be really appreciative of any help!

Thanks,
Asta