Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] can't install plugins - Ubuntu 11.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought i'd posted this yesterday, but can't find any posts by me now!

I've installed the unstable version on my fresh 11.04 Natty install. all is working ok except for plugins, which is kinda why I wanted to use XBMC!

I've followed the steps to add the XBMC SVN Repo Installer at the Wiki:

Adding the XBMC SVN Repo Installer

In Ubuntu the SVN Repositories are not automatically added. You must add them manually.

First, download the SVN Repo Installer from:
http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/pa...taller.zip
Extract it to the ~/.xbmc/plugins/programs directory. If this directory does not exist, run XBMC one time and then exit back to Ubuntu. The directory should now exist.
Select XBMC Media Center: Applications -> Sound & Video -> XBMC Media Center
Scroll down to Programs.
Select program plugins.
Select SVN Repo Installer
Select xbmc-addons
Select plugins
Choose the plugins that you want to add (i.e., videos)

I've downloaded the installer, but I cannot extract to the directory suggested as it doesn't exist Sad I've tried starting and exiting XBMC as suggested but it still isn't there... I've tried creating the "plugins" and "programs" directories and then extracting the SVN Installer into there, but when I check in Programs in XBMC, there's only "artist slideshow" and "ROM Collection Browser" in the list...

I guess I'm probably doing something obvious wrong - help! ;-)

xTx
Pretty sure that the wiki guide is outdated. Not sure why you would have no addon repos though. What happens when you go to settings-addons?
cowfodder Wrote:Pretty sure that the wiki guide is outdated. Not sure why you would have no addon repos though. What happens when you go to settings-addons?

I did a bit more playing around last night, and I now seem to have a load of plugins availiable! Not sure what I did... in setting-addons I still only have the 2 previously mentioned plugins in the Program Add-ons section - is this right??

xTx