Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Download movie info from web interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to get a movie's information from imdb using the web interface? I'm already using the XWMM interface and thought that it would allow me to, but it doesn't look like it. It only lets me scan the library for new additions. When I click a movie that I want to change the details to it only lets me do it manually, there is no option to get movie details from imdb.

My problem is that I'll add a movie and the information it pulls will be for the wrong movie. I'm looking for a way to do the same thing as what happens when I hit C -> Refresh on a movie within xbmc. But I need to do this remotely with a web interface.

I know about nfo files but I'd like to avoid having to do the lookup manually for every movie I want to add.
one of the ways to make sure you are pulling the right info for a file is to name it as follows.

Moviename (year).mkv

where year is the year the movie was released.
I actually have already started that. I name everything all lowercase like this the-movie-title-1999.ext

It works for most of the movies but for the 5% that don't work, it is very annoying having to change it on the xbmc box itself.