Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Ubuntu] Compiling with sqlite3 support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys!
I'm having some issues with the Icefilms plugin. It is not in the plugin the problem lies. I have compiled my own XBMC to get spotify working.
But heres comes my problem. The script cant find sqllite3. It is installed on the computer, but how do i compile with sqlite3 support?
Kalf Wrote:Hi guys!
I'm having some issues with the Icefilms plugin. It is not in the plugin the problem lies. I have compiled my own XBMC to get spotify working.
But heres comes my problem. The script cant find sqllite3. It is installed on the computer, but how do i compile with sqlite3 support?

if you are using a dharma based build i am sure you only must build the pysqlite2 module too because the most plugins checking for pysqlite2, if not found for sqlite3, if not found you get a message sqlite3 support is missing...

if you use pre-eden builds, you must have a python-2.5 or above compiled with sqlite support to have the sqlite3 module installed
--enable-external-python. Just had this in Crystalbuntu
Ive enabled the external python but now I got a new error, and it didn't resolve my initial problem.

Here is the debug log: http://pastebin.com/x5chyd0K
....which is (in reg. to new error)?

And make sure you apt-get install sqlite3 on target and remote machine. That'll resolve issue. Therefore, you should be able to run python >> import sqlite and if no error exists your good and can exit()
With my initial problem, I mean the error with the Icefilms error.

Now I have compiled python with sqlite3, I have recompiled XBMC with "external python" as Sam.Nazarko suggested. But it still wont work. I'm still geting the same errors as my previous post.

I'm quite new to linux so i might have done som rookie mistake or something. But just to be clear, What exactly should my command be for ./configure when I'm building XBMC. Right now my command looks like this: ./configure --disable-pulse --enable-external-python

Or could it be some other fundamental step I'm doing wrong/not doing at all?