Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Season Behaviour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have various external drives with TV Shows on them.

I have a drive A that has 3 seasons of NYPD Blue, and drive B would have the rest. Is this going to cause difficulty with how the library is organised, as the drives are not always on at the same time.

I could endeavour to make sure tv series are always on the same drive, but that may prove difficult. Especially on massive or on-going tv shows.

Many thanks!
fional Wrote:I have various external drives with TV Shows on them.

I have a drive A that has 3 seasons of NYPD Blue, and drive B would have the rest. Is this going to cause difficulty with how the library is organised, as the drives are not always on at the same time.

I could endeavour to make sure tv series are always on the same drive, but that may prove difficult. Especially on massive or on-going tv shows.

Many thanks!

XBMC will combine the content in Library mode so there shouldn't be a problem. All episodes would show up even if one of the drives is off. The only issue would be if you go to play a file that's on a drive that's turned off. It would give you a message that the content is no longer available and ask if you want to delete it. If you happen to run the clean library function when a drive is off it will remove any content on that drive.
Dobyken Wrote:XBMC will combine the content in Library mode so there shouldn't be a problem. All episodes would show up even if one of the drives is off. The only issue would be if you go to play a file that's on a drive that's turned off. It would give you a message that the content is no longer available and ask if you want to delete it. If you happen to run the clean library function when a drive is off it will remove any content on that drive.

Brilliant! I really like XBMC.

I was trying to set it up where I replaced one of the videocodec flags with an icon based on what HD it's on. Like I have everything set up for when the drives are on, they are mounted as X.

Still working it out!

Thanks for the help! Smile
fional Wrote:I could endeavour to make sure tv series are always on the same drive, but that may prove difficult. Especially on massive or on-going tv shows.
Try very hard to keep tv series on the same drive. I just recently experimented with the same thing (Thread) and ran into problems. I've been able to get it mostly working by manually adding some tvshowlinkpath's to the sqlite database, but I still haven't completely worked through the fallout from doing that.
phil4v7 Wrote:Try very hard to keep tv series on the same drive. I just recently experimented with the same thing (Thread) and ran into problems. I've been able to get it mostly working by manually adding some tvshowlinkpath's to the sqlite database, but I still haven't completely worked through the fallout from doing that.

Did this problem happen because of rescraping? Would the same situation exist if they were on separate drives to begin with?

I create the .nfo using Ember. Which doesn't much care for things being on separate drives, but since I only use Ember to create the .nfo, I'm not as concerned with how Ember itself reacts, as long as XBMC works!