Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: override the original tvshowmatching script?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of my series episodes have the following name structure:

Series Title - TwoDigits - Episode Title.avi

To import this into my library I created an advancedsettings.xml with a tvshowmatching script which works fine in most cases.
Now some episodes of a certain series have the expression "Part I/II" in their title. According to the log, in contrast to all other episodes, these file names are scanned with the built-in tvshowmatching script of xbmc, not with my own. Therefore they are mistaken for episodes 1 or 2 of the series.

How can I override the standard tvshowmatching script? Or is there any other (elegant) solution?

thx
Is there no solution or does nobody know it?
Easiest is to merge part 1 and 2 into one file. Maybe a custom .nfo files will work as well.

EDIT: in order to override the built-in ones use append="no"
vdrfan Wrote:EDIT: in order to override the built-in ones use append="no"

Thank you! Works perfectly.
I first assumed the "append"-command is needed to implement more than one tv show matching rule.

Your first suggestions weren't satisfactory for me because the "Part I/II" is a component of the episode titles and the episodes have different episode numbers.

and the .nfo-file is probably unnecessarily complicated since there is more than one case of this naming pattern. (actually, now that i have a decent solution, this one IS too complicated).

Again, thank you very much!
Glad to hear it's working now.