Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video library in the homescreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to adjust the home.xml so that i can use the video library directly on the homescreen instead of using the recently added or random script?

For example: when i'm in the homescreen and i go to movies, i want to show the latest apple trailers in library mode, like the recently added movies with the recently added script. When selecting movies it goes like normal to my video library.

Or when i'm in the homescreen showing the latest releases from icefilms.
You can fake it, say the top half of home is all the buttons and bottom half is the navigatible area. So when users click on the top half buttons only the bottom half changes thus appearing like you are still on home.

Something around those lines is as close as you'll get...
mcborzu Wrote:You can fake it, say the top half of home is all the buttons and bottom half is the navigatible area. So when users click on the top half buttons only the bottom half changes thus appearing like you are still on home.

Something around those lines is as close as you'll get...

So its possible! Laugh

But why are we then using the recently added/randomscript?
Because what mcborzu just described is actually going to the Video Library from Home.
You could change your settings to open to video section on startup and add whatever links from the homepage you want to the video section.
Maybe not exactly what you want but it could work.