Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Mac mini - FULL HD files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

my Mac Mini core duo is running xbmc live installed onto the entire disk.
All the files are stored on a LAN Disk.

No problem reading all the files except for the MKV over 10GB.
I know the mac mini has a megabit (non gigabit) LAN port but I think that i could be optimized in the buffering.

Do you know any way to make higher buffering or any other addon that could be useful for a mac?

Thanks
The Core Duo Mac Mini has a 1GHz NIC. I use a 1.66GHz Core Duo Mac Mini as my main HTPC with Windows XP/Bootcamp, and the NIC is a Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit. I've never attempted to play an mkv about 10GB so I don't know how well it would work.

There have been mutterings about the NIC drivers and possibly also the SMB client used in XBMC Live. A lot of XBMC Live users have seen buffering. You could always try using Windows XP like me :-) Alternatively try asking in the Linux/Live specific sub forum.

JR
I'm running a older minimac (about 3 years old) running bootcamp and windows 7 32bit and I can almost play 1080P MKV's. I get some stutter using XBMC but they play fine using Windows Media Player and Media Center. I am trying to edit XBMC to tell it to open MKV's in WMP or something else.

As far as the network connection, I have tried a external wireless N 5gz connection and ended up going back to a wired connection. Wireless is fine for 720P but not the 1080P content.