Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Torrent handling: CouchPotato & Sickbeard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys -
I have CouchPotato and Sick Beard working great with sabnzbd. However, I have recently enabled torrents for both CP and SB in order to broaden my range of file completion. This is going ok, however I am having a problem getting CP and SB to work together with utorrent.

The problem is that while I have a watch directory set up for utorrent (which is working fine), I don't know of a way to tell utorrent to move the completed downloads from SB to one place, and the downloads of CP to another place, so that each program can run their post processing scripts on the proper folders and handle movies and tv shows separately.

How do you guys do this? Is there a way to get utorrent to put my CP downloads in one folder, and SB downloads in another? Is there another way you guys use to handle CP and SB torrent post processing?

Thanks in advance. Smile
I don't think you can.
Which is why I use rtorrent.
Interesting. I like the API support it seems to have. Are there any similar options for Windows? I used Vuze for a long time, but have had too many issues in the past with it freezing up on me.
I think you can hack deluged to enable watch and move folders, but it ate too much ram for my ARM device
It sounds like sickbeard and couchpotato just need to create better post-processing support for torrents. It isn't easy (it's not really that hard either), but that's what I've done with Audio-Matic. It will work regardless of the torrent client you use because I examine the contents of the .torrent file before sending it to the client/blackhole folder. That way I'm able to uniquely identify associated files and process them upon download completion.
Just save them in to a watch folder.

TV for Sickbeard
Movies for Couchpotato

And then set-up both programs to look at teh completed folder of rutorrent

---

SB will always lack the handling of torrents
It is developed for newsgroups & as some people asked there is very limited support for torrents ..

if more is wanted , then other developers need to add this & ask for a pull request ....

Problem then is that the main developer (midgetspy) can not give support, as he does not know how it all works (100%)
[nevermind]
I don't know if you found a way around this.
I have been fighting this issue for the past few days as I recently moved and was going through the network setup again.

I prefer utorrent b/c it's less resource heavy but the 2nd best I have found is Deluge.(as far as windows 7 goes)

Deluge has a very rebust labeling system through its plugins.

I have not tried to use it with sickbeard yet but couchpotato works great.

Since my media server only deals with movies and tv shows, I was able to set deluge to put all movies into the movie directory.
Again, I haven't tried tv shows yet but I suspect I will try it this way....I will set deluge to label and move everything from TVTorrents.com trackers to a folder, then let Media Center Master organize them.
If your meta-data program will not organize for you, you could always set up via RSS in deluge, which works just as good.

If you found a way to use utorrent, I'd love to know. Smile
You can run two or more instances of utorrent, each watching (and downloading to) different folders. Do this for every instance...
compcentral Wrote:It sounds like sickbeard and couchpotato just need to create better post-processing support for torrents.

It's my wish also.